November 30, 2010

30 for 30: Day SIXTEEN (11/30/10)

I've been struggling to inject this sweater into my remix. I know, it doesn't seem like it would be a big deal - it's a tan sweater for jeepers sake. I think my issue has been the fact that it is cut a bit longer so I wasn't liking the way it paired with my skirts/dresses. I finally threw my hands up in the air and kept it super simple, which ended up working perfectly.

30 for 30: Day 16 (11/30/10)
Wet Seal Camel Colored V-Neck Sweater, Thrifted: $3.99
Express Design Studio Black Wide Leg Pants, Thrifted
Alicia White Tie Neck Shirt, Thrifted
Earrings: old!
Glasses: SEE Eyewear

I predict I will wear this tie neck blouse about a gazillion times, guys. I love it. It mixes so well with a lot of my clothes. I think I fell in love with tie necks a few months ago when I saw Rachel Zoe wearing the most impeccable black tie neck scarf. I've yet to find the perfect scarf to replicate her look but I'm still searching. This blouse is my little substitute for now.

30 for 30: Day 16 (11/30/10)

The only thing missing from this outfit? An amazing vintage necklace that I was so excited to wear and looked amazing with this outfit. Where is it, you ask? It broke almost first thing this morning. I was walking through our file room at work when I felt it suddenly feel a little loose. I looked down and noticed one of the strands had come loose and was losing beads by the second. Ugh. I guess I can't be too upset - I am pretty sure I caught all of the beads and it seems like the only thing I need to do to fix it is restrand it. The string it was made with was just very old and delicate.

30 for 30: Day 16 (11/30/10)

Here's to hoping for a sunnier day tomorrow! I can live without another super-rainy, dark and dreary day like we had today. :)

Confused? Learn more about the 30 for 30 Closet Remix at Kendi Everyday. Want to see who else joined the remix? Click here for a full list of all remixers. Want to see how I am doing? Check out all of my 30 for 30 posts right here.

9 comments:

  1. love that bow-tie blouse! especially with that classic sweater!! and i love the mustard yellow color too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute sweater. I love how the neck tie fills up the low v-neck of the sweater perfectly. I'm also eager to see the vintage necklace once you fix it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your necklace. The best laid plans...

    As for the sweaters, sometimes super simple is just that - super. This pairing looks great and really highlights that bow!

    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple is good....and his outfit is classic...arent those ties the funnest? I have a couple....I really love them too:)

    Stop by and say Hello:)
    Statements in Fashion Blog♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. i've said it once before, i'll say it again: that blouse is fabulous! and it mixes with this outfit very well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute. Love, love the sweater and the bow-tie blouse. A perfect outfit for work.
    -Madeleine
    www.boulevarddelamadeleine.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look great! That is a great blouse... now I'm on the look out for one (after the remix).

    Sad about the necklace! I've had that happen to me too. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just added your blog site to my blogroll, I pray you would give some thought to doing the same.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover