November 26, 2010

30 for 30: Day FOURTEEN (11/25/10)

Happy Thankgiving... yes, a day late. You'll have to excuse my absence - I was doing a little bit of Black Friday shopping. Don't worry, don't worry - it wasn't for myself. The only thing I purchased that could qualify as something for myself was a new set of pillows. I think the 30 for 30 Remix will be ok with that purchase. Girl needs her beauty sleep.

Anyway, let's get down to business. Here is what I wore for Turkey Day -

30 for 30: Day FOURTEEN (11/25/10)
Black Shirt: Forever 21, Thrifted
Red Plaid Dress (worn as skirt): Merona, Target (clearance): $9.99
Tan Vest: Worthington, JCPenney (clearance): $5.97
Belt: Black ribbon found in my closet
Black Boots: Franco Fortini Black Boots, Ebay: ?
Bracelet: (Necklace worn as bracelet) Vintage, Grab Bag $5
Glasses: SEE Eyewear

I'm in love with this dress. When I found it on the clearance rack in Target a few weeks ago, I about died of delight. Great colors, plaid and HOUNDSTOOTH? I live for houndstooth. And it was my size! Surely I figured it would be out of my "comfortable" price range (aka Cheapo Territory)... Yet lo and behold, it was marked down to $9.99. SOLD! That is just another thing I love about Target - they are really good about marking down their inventory as they are always getting new items in. This plan works out especially well for frugal ladies like me.

30 for 30: Day FOURTEEN (11/25/10)

I've actually been "saving" this remix piece to wear on Thanksgiving. Ever since I was a little girl, I have been one to have a special outfit for each major holiday. My mom always made sure my sister and I each have special dresses and the accessories to match. A little over the top? Maybe... but it's become part of my tradition. I made myself save this dress to wear on Thanksgiving day so it would feel fresh and new just like it would if I would have gone out to buy something new to wear for the holiday. The plan worked and I loved every second of wearing this dress. Do you like how I even wore the same vest as yesterday? This is unheard of for me! I just gave it a new ribbon belt and off I went!

30 for 30: Day FOURTEEN (11/25/10)

You're probably thinking I bought this necklace (worn as bracelet here) to go with this dress but I assure you, I did not! I bought them at two separate times without even thinking about the other piece. I had forgotten I bought this big grab bag full of vintage necklaces weeks and weeks ago so when I found it, it was like a kid in a candy store all over again. There is literally nothing that makes me happier than finding a store that packages up a bunch of old jewelry into a bag and sells it for $5. Gimme, gimme, gimme. This was one of the treasures waiting for me inside this particular bag.

And, finally, for entertainment purposes, here's an out take of me telling my neighbor Happy Thanksgiving. Oops! :)

30 for 30: Day FOURTEEN (11/25/10)



Confused? Learn more about the 30 for 30 Closet Remix at Kendi Everyday. Want to see who else joined the remix? Click here for a full list of all remixers. Want to see how I am doing? Check out all of my 30 for 30 posts right here.

12 comments:

  1. LOVE houndstooth! very cute! and i love the outtake, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I looked at this very dress on the clearance rack at Target a week or two ago. Unfortunately, they didn't have my size. I'm glad they had yours though! Great thanksgiving outfit!
    -Meagan
    http://spunkychataeu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great houndstooth dress! I like looking special for holidays too -- I saved a silk skirt for thanksgiving...

    ReplyDelete
  4. FAB dress....I love it...Target has some pretty good finds....I was able to pick up a lace skirt for $4!!

    The last pic? priceless!!


    Stop by and say Hello:)
    Enter my Spotted Moth Giveaway♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. gotta love target, lol! sometimes i find some great stuff on the sale racks too!

    rockoomph.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi ya, thanks for coming over to my blog... I love your skirt, great flash of color and those glasses of yours ar tooo awesome!!! great hair too.. well, just awesome-ness all around!!

    hope your thanksgiving weekend is going well!!! I am heading out for a run before the limited sun disappears!!!

    xox J

    ReplyDelete
  7. Target is the best for discounts. I love their sale items!
    I love how well all the pieces of this outfit go together.

    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  8. dressing up for the holidays was also a tradition in our family - your outfit is fabulous! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the vest military and lady like all at the same time! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the vest! It's military yet still so lady like!! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. nice skirt

    we are trying to find the brand of the clothes, accessories and shoes we saw on internet or anywhere. help us, or send us something you want our blog to find. it's easy and simple :)

    http://howcanufind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whoa! That skirt is fabulous!

    Melanie@UnravelledThreads
    Follow @UnraveldTreads on Twitter!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover