November 11, 2010

30 for 30: Day FOUR (11/11/10)

I had today off work so I wanted to keep it comfortable. Honestly, I didn't really feel like getting out of my pajamas but I got cleaned up just for you guys. :)

30 for 30: Day 4 (11/11/10)
Black Dress: Karen Kane, Thrifted
Army Green Top/Dress: American Apparel, Rue La La, $7.90 (w/ credit and shipping included)
Boots: Xhilaration, Thrifted, $8.99
Nude Fishnet Knee Highs: I've had these for so long, I have no idea where I bought them from!
Dogtags: Belonged to my boyfriend's dad
Glasses: SEE Eyewear

I thought I would pay a little tribute to Veteran's Day and all of the amazing people who make the freedoms we have in the United States possible by wearing a military inspired outfit. My boyfriend has multiple members of his family serving in the armed forces so this is an idea near and dear to my heart.

30 for 30: Day 4 (11/11/10)

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to get back to my day-off-of-work-veg-fest. Thank you!

10 comments:

  1. Great look. Very military chic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i really really like this look! There is something very Marni about the length of that top/tunic. And of course I LOVE combat boots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I like your dog tag and the look. Cool !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for cleaning up, just for us. You look super stylish, so good job! The dog tag is a fabulous touch to your outfit.

    But I know how you feel about not wanting to get ready. I felt that way yesterday. BLAH!

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice nod to veterans day. Seeing the dog tags reminded me of how when i first started my blog i used to wear my boyfriend (at the time)'s dog tags underneath everything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this look! and the nod to veterans day is sweet and subtle.

    *still in love with those glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  7. days off from work = WIN. i'm glad you decided to factor in comfort. and yet you look really good with your layers of dresses. i don't think i've ever layered dresses. great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Katie!

    Just wanted to thank you for the sweet comment about our wedding over on Undeniable Style's blog! :)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey fellow remixer! you did an awesome job of adding prints to your 30x30, i'm jealous!

    xo,
    kate

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover