November 16, 2010

30 for 30: Day SEVEN (11/16/10)

I love November. Why? Because it feels like I barely work. I get a lot of days off from work in November - Thanksgiving, the day after Thanksgiving, Veteran's Day, etc. And today! Well, I took today off myself to spend some time with my boyfriend. So my remix outfit today? Pretty easy going.

30 for 30: Day SEVEN (11/16/10)
Black Shirt: Forever21, Thrifted
Olive Green "Dress": American Apparel, Via Rue La La, $7.90 (w/ credit&shipping included!)
Skinny Jeans: Xhilaration, Target
Boots: Xhilaration, Thrifted, $8.99
Black Knit Cowl: FREE! Won from Nerdlike.com - Buy one from jehnpenne!
Pin: FREE! Gift from my little brother
Glasses: SEE Eyewear

I'm slowly but surely going through my closet and all boxes of my clothes in order to rid myself of needless items. Yes, I even have boxes full of clothes. Ridiculous. I found a few gems I have been missing and also got rid of a ton. I honestly can't believe I was holding on to half of the items I had. I'm a hoarder. There. I said it.

30 for 30: Day SEVEN (11/16/10)


30 for 30: Day SEVEN (11/16/10)

Confused? Learn more about the 30 for 30 Closet Remix at Kendi Everyday. Want to see who else joined the remix? Click here for a full list of all remixers. Want to see how I am doing? Check out all of my 30 for 30 posts right here.

14 comments:

  1. woohoo! for having the day off!!

    love that scarf and the broach!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That scarf is so cute & looks great with the pin & the outfit!! Glad you got to spend the day enjoying yourself...& looking good doing it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the mixture of feminen and masculine with the brooch and the boots!
    I'm definitely doing a major closet overhaul after this challenge is over!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super inspiring, the scarf adds such great texture along with the dainty pin (what a great lil bro!). I love living vicariously through your thrift finds, seeing the prices — I'll have to try that, too. :)

    C.
    http://styleanon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love that scarf! it's great with the olive dress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the infinity scarf! i just bought one from H&M where you can wear it as a snood too. can't wait till the weather gets colder so i can finally wear it! that's a really good idea to wear a fancy pin on it, too!

    *Claudia*
    http://emoltofashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow I must say I'm pretty amazed I don't think I would have been able to come up with that outfit...its kinda intricate :D
    I really like the whole look though, hope you had a great off day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the idea of the top OVER the cowl sweater.. I was wondering if that was a black scarf, but alas, you layered!! I like this idea!! Great outfit today.. hope you are enjoying the challenge!!
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooh i like the way you put the brooch on your scarf. I'm going to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those boots and love how rich your hair color looks in these pictures. Did you do it up?

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE the scarf...great touch:)

    Stop by and say Hello ♥
    Statements in Fashion Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like how you have your pants pushed up around your boots! That pin looks perfect on the scarf!

    http://roamwhereyouwantto.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. There's much in the world that you can't explain.
    It's revealed for you to remember
    by the whispering voice of a distant train
    or a midnight rain in november.

    Horizon within! You can always find
    the keys to Enigma. Let's mention
    one basic Truth: of spirited Mind
    Is Nature naught but extension.

    Internal expanses! In dreams, ridden
    by fear and longing you roam
    that deep Southeast in your soul hidden
    ...on your random journey back home.

    Single Swingle

    Casualidad sopla la sangre
    de alguno señor desconocido
    durante los pocos restantes
    momentos del resplandor de faroles

    que se vislumbran tras el follaje
    flameando de las obsesiónes
    igual efimero como gotas
    del cinzano de la soledad –

    En aquel tiempo me levanta
    dentro uno incidente avejentado
    que en seguida palidece
    al camouflaje de abstraccion;

    chica, nadie conoce que tus grisos
    ojos significan aún; con todo
    el sueño que hube evacuado
    tu escudriñas nuevamente.

    My Spanish poetry!


    and... my UNIQUELY styled Poetry Wallpapers!

    Weathertime Wallpaper Windows

    And: reciprocity. You do me a favor promoting your blog on mine!

    - Peter Ingestad, Sweden

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a sweet outfit and the cowl looks adorable:)
    Have a great day,sweetie
    Kisses

    Ps: I’m hosting a Pistacho Press GIVEAWAY today, so please join in :)

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover