November 23, 2010

30 for 30: Day TWELVE (11/23/10)

I have been waiting to wear this black and white stripe vertical button up top. I bought it probably two months ago but felt it needed the perfect sweater to top it off because it's so light. Naturally, I gravitated toward my favorite animal print sweater. I love this sweater because the colors are black, white and grey as opposed to normal brown tones... in case you've noticed, in terms of neutrals, I am much more a black girl than a brown girl.

30 for 30: Day 12 (11/23/10)
Black/White Vertical Stripe Top: Mossimo, Thrifted
Grey/Back/White Animal Print Sweater: Bogari, Thrifted
Black Pants: New York and Company, bought IONS ago
Boots: Xhilaration, Thrifted, $8.99
Brown Braided Belt: Thrifted, $1
Glasses: SEE Eyewear

I was pretty excited to be able to take photos outside today... until I took my coat off and felt like I was going to die of hypothermia. You get cheese ball faces as a result. Enjoy.

30 for 30: Day 12 (11/23/10)

I'll be honest - prior to blogging/30x30, I probably would have never paired a brown belt with an outfit with no other brown involved. I think I am pretty experimental but mixing black and brown have never been my thing. Well, leave it to the internet and all you lovely ladies and you have me sold. Hello, black and brown... at the same time. I love you.

30 for 30: Day 12 (11/23/10)


Maybe you're wondering what's going on with my pants? I wasn't loving them paired with these boots this morning so I bloused them. I had to fix it halfway through the day but other than that, it worked out quite well. You dig?

Confused? Learn more about the 30 for 30 Closet Remix at Kendi Everyday. Want to see who else joined the remix? Click here for a full list of all remixers. Want to see how I am doing? Check out all of my 30 for 30 posts right here.

11 comments:

  1. I dig it:) How fun that you would have never belted the sweater....and now you did:) LOVE the animal print and its different colors from the "norm" you look great dollie:)

    Stop by and say Hello:)
    Enter my Spotted Moth Giveaway♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you experimented with the brown belt, because I really feel like it makes the outfit! I love this look on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this outfit! This is my favorite so far!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The stripe with the animal print is A W S O M E !

    Would of never thought such a combination and now am totally inspired :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cuteness! I would never have paired stripes with leopard, but I absolutely adore it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The remix has definitely got me thinking outside the box. I love how you put that outfit together. So much style, girl!

    f

    thehouseintheclouds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. cute leopard print and belt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your shoes a lot!!! very cool belt!

    haha, i was a lil bit confused.. but did read the 30 for 30 - and got it! That's so cool! I know it's soo hard!

    well done girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i really love that cardigan! and i'm with you: i have a hard time pairing black & brown although i know that it's not breaking any "rules". it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This look is so, so, so cute. I must try this!
    Kristina J.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is great - I really love the pattern mix!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover