November 14, 2010

Week One Reflection: 30 for 30

Week One: 30 for 30

The 30 for 30 Closet Remix has already helped me gain some insight on myself and my closet. I honestly think it is helping me tread new ground and open my mind up to the fact that I don't need a closet bursting at the seams in order to be happy. Check out some other thoughts/ideas/reflections I had on this past first week...

FAVORITE OUTFIT
I would say my favorite outfit was Day #2. I love the mix of prints, the cream with the black, the comfort of the outfit and the way it made me feel. This outfit was 100% me with no substitutions.

DID I MISS MY CLOSET?
I'm shocked to tell you no. Joining the 30 for 30 Remix was a decision that didn't come easy for me... and now I feel so silly to admit that! The fact that I felt I couldn't live without ALL of my clothes is downright ridiculous. I have already proven to myself in five short days that I don't need as much as I have. I know, I know, I may very well change my tune the deeper I get into this... but I'm hoping I won't. And if I do, please kindly remind me to read this post and to get the heck over myself.

THINGS I NOTICED
I need to get my jewelry box in order. It's a mess and it is a big reason why I rarely accessorize. It's too much of a hassle to me to search through every messy drawer AND shoe boxes filled with accessories. I have a huge jewelry box - there is no reason why I should have items thrown into shoe boxes.

Also, my shoe choices are lacking. I knew this getting into it. I toyed back and forth, front and back as to which shoes I wanted to wear... Nothing REALLY struck my fancy. That's a problem. It's telling me that out of my 285736 pairs of shoes, I don't really LOVE any of them. However, I do also have to say that a lot of the shoes that I really do like are not something I would wear to work or wear to work on a daily basis. That meant they wouldn't work in the remix. Regardless, I think once this challenge is complete I will be making a few shoe purchases that will work with the majority of my wardrobe and be shoes that I love.

WHAT I LIKED
I loved not standing in my closet every night staring at my clothes wondering what to wear the next day. I loved having only a few options which has forced me to be more adventurous. I love not having oodles of laundry to do. (Though I have lots to catch up on, oops.) I love having the inspiration to clear my closet out of items that just aren't working for me anymore. I've been trying to do that for a while now but this remix is really helping me complete the task. (And as an added bonus, my co-workers are getting some nice new pieces! One's trash is another's treature!)


Confused? Learn more about the 30 for 30 Closet Remix at Kendi Everyday. Want to see who else joined the remix? Click here for a full list of all remixers. Want to see how I am doing? Check out all of my 30 for 30 posts right here.

4 comments:

  1. Don't leave your bff out of your closet purge :)

    I'm so proud of you for doing this 30 for 30! Your first week looked amazing, I can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve for the next 23 days! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way about this challenge!
    When I was first picking my clothes, I kept seeing other items I really wanted to wear...and was sad at the thought that they wouldn't be included..but now I have no problem thinking of an outfit..it's much easier when you have less clothes...who woulda thought!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like this recap :) i don't miss the rest of my closet very much, either! it's crazy how much easier it is to get ready now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love this post! Great idea.

    http://greetingsfromseattlewa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover