November 10, 2010

30 for 30: Day 3 (11/10/10)

Confession: I had never worn or even tried on this dress prior to this remix. I bought it weeks and weeks ago at a thrift shop because I was suddenly obsessed with what I like to deem grandma dresses. I tried it on last night and realized that the length makes me very drab. Basically, I kind of felt like a school marm all day - especially considering my shoe choices didn't help the situation.

30 for 30: Day 3 (11/10/10)
Dress: BGB Ltd Black/White Vintage, Thrifted
Shoes: Joan and David Too Black Heeled Oxfords, Thrifted: $5.20
Belt: No tag/Vintage, Thrifted years and years and years ago
Scarf (on head): No tag, Vintage, Thrifted
Glasses: SEE Eyewear

I like to think that I gave it some sass with a scarf tied messy in my hair...

30 for 30: Day 3 (11/10/10)

Even better... I like to think I added a bit more sass with this fun vintage belt that was one of my favorite thift finds found while I was away at college. I rarely wear it so I was happy to bring it out of hiding today.

30 for 30: Day 3 (11/10/10)


What do you like to add to outfits to add a bit of sass?

11 comments:

  1. i'm pretty much in love with your lisa loeb glasses. so 90's woman of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a big fan of scarves (I typed "scarfs" first and couldn't figure out why it looked strange) and belts to add sass. Love yours and how much it funks up this dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think it looks drab! But if you want to hem it I don't think that would be against the 30 for 30 rules. Awesome belt. Lipstick has lately become my sass addition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know, I kind of like the dress. Maybe you could try it buttoned all the way up, with an amazing brooch for true Grandma style, then throw on some really irreverent rock n' roll accessories...

    Me? I'm a hat girl. Always. The bigger/wackier the better. Maybe because I'm only 5', so anything that adds height is good in my book.

    P.S. oh. my. lord. That belt is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you guys! So happy to hear I'm not the only one who loves this belt... Plus, I'm pretty sure if my mind remembers correctly, I only paid $0.50 for it. And I bought it from one of those really sweet, tiny, old lady running church thrift shops. Those are my favorite kind to buy from! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe a cardi? Or some jewelery? Any way the dress is not bad!It' s actually nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you tied that scarf in your hair. It looks great!
    -Meagan
    http://spunkychateau.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover