December 1, 2010

30 for 30: Day SEVENTEEN (12/01/10)

Can I even tell you how much I love this outfit? I could go on forever. You all already know how much I love print on print action... so how about we talk about how cool this jacket is?

30 for 30: Day 17 (12/01/10)
Black/Cream Stripe Top: Mossimo, Thrifted
Black Pants: New York & Company, ions ago
Blazer: Saks Fifth Avenue A.S.A.P., Thrifted: $3.00
Black Boots: Franco Fortini, Ebay
Glasses: SEE Eyewear

I about fainted when I laid my eyes on this jacket in one of my favorite thrift stores. OK, I know I say that about a lot of the pieces I wear... maybe I come off a bit overdramatic, but I swear it is the truth! I have a softspot for black and white prints (among so many other things!) so the print of this jacket immediately sang to me. I pulled it off the rack only to discover the unique cut it had.

30 for 30: Day 17 (12/01/10)

Instead of being cut straight down, it has an angled fit in front. I love that not only does that set it apart from most blazers, but it's also flattering. I've been waiting to wear this jacket because I figured it would be the perfect piece to lift me back into the 30x30 groove when I feel like I've lost it. I was right.

30 for 30: Day 17 (12/01/10)


In other news, it snowed all day today. That officially signifies the end of any possibility of taking photos outside. Wah wah wah. This therefore also officially means I need to learn to use my camera to its full potential so you're not stuck at looking at dull photos. I'll work on it, guys. :)

Confused? Learn more about the 30 for 30 Closet Remix at Kendi Everyday. Want to see who else joined the remix? Click here for a full list of all remixers. Want to see how I am doing? Check out all of my 30 for 30 posts right here.

7 comments:

  1. You're right to love that blazer- it's fantastic! And it looks great mixed w the stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you combined the checkers with the stripes.
    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blazer is awesome. Great find! I gotta say you mirror my own love of black and white. I'm currently seeking the best gingham check b & w shirt, all thanks to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. we match today! your blazer with my skirt. black and white prints & patterns are so fun, so classic, and so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lot of different prints but you pull it off beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  6. girl...blazer = LOVE. and i dig how you styled it!!!!

    i feel the same way about a good thrifted find! i get SO EXCITED when i find something super great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so want that jacket :-) You have great styles dear!

    http://jennymayandswede.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover