December 27, 2010

Mama Said There'd Be Days Like This

I went to bed last night totally not wanting to go to work today. I woke up this morning totally not wanting to go to work today. I came home from work today totally wishing I had not worked today. It was one of those days.

Just one of those days... (12/27/10)
Plaid Top: Esprit, (Bought at outlet store), $9
Cream Top: (underneath) H&M, ions ago
Belt: No tag, Thrifted, $1
Jeans: St. John's Bay, Thrifted ions ago
Boots: Arizona, JCPenny, SO OLD!
Bracelet: Old cheapie
Glasses: SEE Eyewear

On a high point, I get to dress casual all week (which consists of just Monday-Wednesday) at work. Unfortunately, that was nearly the only high point of my day. If you didn't have to listen to my complaining on twitter, then consider yourself lucky. I think I have ranted enough for one day on there so let's think a bit more positive, eh?

Thinking Positive about my day: My kitty, Ernie, was waiting for me in front of my door when I came home for lunch. My lunch was quite tasty. I helped a sweet old man at work and he called me Sugar. It was still bright outside when I came home from work so I was able to take outfit pictures in great light! I finally used my new pillows (which I bought on Black Friday) last night and it was glorious sleeping on them! And, finally, I got to wear this new top today that I bought over the weekend while I was at an outlet mall. It is so, so, so soft and I really needed that kind of comfort today.

Just one of those days... (12/27/10)

I wear most of my bracelets (ok, probably all of them) on my left hand because I am left handed. You would think I would wear them on my right hand for this reason but no. How do you wear your bracelets? On the hand you write with or the other?

Just one of those days... (12/27/10)

I especially like this top because I keep changing my mind on the colors that run through it. Sometimes that dark color looks brown and sometimes it looks black. Multi-functional - I can dig it.

These boots drive my boyfriend crazy. And not crazy good. He calls them my cowgirl boots, which is funny/annoying only because the town I am from is very "country" and the town he comes from is very not country. I have never been the mud bogging (linked for your convenience, ha ha), belt buckle wearing, demolition derby type of girl but he likes to kid that you can take the girl out of the country but you can't take the country out of the girl. (Not that there is anything wrong with those things! They're just not me.)

Just one of those days... (12/27/10)



So... what do you do to unwind after a bad day? My first order of business is to listen to Lady Sovereign's "Love Me Or Hate Me". (Warning: Bad language in the song.) No lie. It helps me not doubt myself when I know no doubt in myself is due. Random, I know. :)

9 comments:

  1. You may have had a really terrible day, but you look FABULOUS!!! I love that shirt :) Cheer up boo boo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that top. There's something so wonderfully comforting about plaid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you had a bad day but at least you look great! I usually wear my bracelets on my left hand because I'm right handed and they are always getting in the way!
    -Meagan
    http://spunkychateau.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. hooray for casual work-weeks, old men that are nice & not creepy, and those boots - <3 <3 <3

    music always helps me too. what i listen to totally depends on my mood, but lately it's been santigold (you'll find a way remix)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those boots & Hooray for you helping a sweet little old man. :)

    Hope the rest of your week is GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you won my giveaway my dear!! congrats!! email me your address and shoe size to the.magpiegirl@gmail.com and ill get your fabulous shoes sent to you! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well you look fabulous. I love dressing up but I also love casual dressing. And sometimes think it can be more of a challenge to dress causal and fabulous. You do it perfectly.
    -Madeleine

    ReplyDelete
  8. At least you look GORGEOUS! Man, you know how to pull off a "casual" look and make it LOVELY.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hang in there, at least you got the kitty love, which ranks very high in my book. Plus you look adorable in your country/not country boots n' such:)

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover