December 9, 2010

30 for 30: Day 23 (12/09/10)

This outfit is a total reincarnate of the one I actually put together last night and planned on wearing today. Sometimes outfits work out and sometimes they don't. This one became something I really liked after I tweaked the original outfit some.
30 for 30: Day 23 (12/09/10)
Vintage Polka Dot Tie Neck Top: Solo's by Country Set, Thrifted: $0.99
Black Dress: Karen Kane, Thrifted
Tan Vest: Worthington, JCPenny, $5.97 (clearance)
Black Skinny Belt: ??
Ivory Knee Socks: Apt 9, Kohl's, $5 (sale)
Black Boots: Franco Fortini, Ebay
Glasses: SEE Eyewear

I initially planned on wearing the polka dot top with the black dress, over the knee socks and my black heeled oxfords. It was a no go. The oxfords looked terrible with the socks and the rest of the outfit was missing something. I switched to the boots, added the vest and the belt and I was good to go! And still made it to work on time! This is an amazing feat for me. :)

30 for 30: Day 23 (12/09/10)


I think I have worn the heck out of these boots! I find myself going back to them day after day because they go with everything so well. Plus, it is freezing here in Michigan now so my legs appreciate a little coverage when I wear dresses and skirts - which I refuse to give up.

Confused? Learn more about the 30 for 30 Closet Remix at Kendi Everyday. Want to see who else joined the remix? Click here for a full list of all remixers. Want to see how I am doing? Check out all of my 30 for 30 posts right here.

14 comments:

  1. I feel like I say this on every post.. But,

    I LOVE THIS OUTFIT!!!!

    It looks fabulous on you, and I loveeee the polka dots with the brown vest. Perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How great is that bow? SO great! I love your unique style and how confident you look in everything!

    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. one of my favs yet on you!!! that bow is SO FANTASTIC!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh i love it! The polka dots are fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh i love that top! if i come over & bring some tights, will you trade me them for those polka dots? i'll take you out for a frozen mickey d's treat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is too cute. I adore the bow!
    -Meagan
    http://spunkychateau.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute! I really like how that all came together.

    Boots seem very necessary in places where there is actual winter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the outfit!!!!
    polka dots <3 :D

    ou I'm having a give away on my blog, check it out if you'd like!

    http://alienslabyrinth.blogspot.com

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your polka dot top! Bow-tie tops are one of my faves :)

    xx
    Jen

    http://belledecouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW so pin up! Those polka dots are stunning on you!

    Keep up!

    *Following you on bloglovin!

    xoxo

    Sara

    http://theredcurry.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this outfit!! It is so cute!! That shirt is awesome :)

    xo,
    Kirstin Marie
    http://www.kirstinmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am enamored with your tie-neck blouse. NINETY NINE CENTS? I'm amazed. (Cue shock, awe, and wonder.) Also, it looks so good with that vest, a perfect combination of retro girly flair and utilitarian practicality. Love it!

    http://one-girl-vs-world.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. this shirt gets me every time you wear it. i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the grey vest and the edgy bow top!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover