December 16, 2010

30 for 30: Day 28 (12/16/10)

I put today's outfit together rather casually last night. I pulled each piece off each hanger and thought, yeah, this will look good together. No big deal. Well, turns out it went together real, real well. I loved today's outfit!

30 for 30: Day 28 (12/16/10)
Gingham Top: Old Navy
Animal Print Sweater: Bogari, Thrifted
Black Pants: Express Design Studio
Black Skinny Belt: Target, $1
Black Shoes: Joan and David Too, Thrifted, $5.20
Necklace: Vera Grace
Glasses: SEE Eyewear

One of my favorite coworkers even exclaimed that never in a million years would she think to put an outfit like this together but thought it looked fantastic. I love comments like that - especially during this remix. It just reinforces the fact that you can create so many different looks with just a few pieces and it can help you create so many new outfits when you are limited on what you can put together.

30 for 30: Day 28 (12/16/10)

I bought this necklace a few summers ago from a lovely shop called Vera Grace. My mom introduced me to the shop and it's become a fast favorite. She always has the neatest things... my particular favorite thing to buy is her grab bags of old jewelry in the back of the store. I could spend ions digging through the basket of bags and checking out each piece. This necklace was actually bought separately, though... and if I remember correctly - I'm pretty positive I paid $1 for it.

30 for 30: Day 28 (12/16/10)

There is nothing quite like feeling great in an outfit. I know a lot of people may get little to no joy out of such things but this has always been a favorite thing of mine. Clothes are just my thing... same for many of you, obviously. When you put something together that you just feel so good in, it's hard not to have a little extra pep in your step!

30 for 30: Day 28 (12/16/10)


Confused? Learn more about the 30 for 30 Closet Remix at Kendi Everyday. Want to see who else joined the remix? Click here for a full list of all remixers. Want to see how I am doing? Check out all of my 30 for 30 posts right here.

11 comments:

  1. I KNOW, right?! So happy for your happy accident of an outfit. That is the BEST. These prints are really too much fun, glad you thought to put them together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love mixing prints or ever unusual colors together. You are right and some people are always just so surprised. Well great outfit. Unexpected discoveries are always the best.
    -Madeleine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great mix of patterns&prints! You look great, as always! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh I really love how you mixed prints. Love that cardigan on you!!

    http://ittybittybomb.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh I really love how you mixed prints. Love that cardigan on you!!

    http://ittybittybomb.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. The mixed prints of checked and leopard patterns look great together! Especially since you kept them in the same color family, so the focus is on the prints instead. It really does look great- and that necklace is so pretty- especially because it was available at a great price! :D

    *Claudia* xoxo
    Molto ❤ Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the mixing of prints, you pull it off so well! Fierce look!

    -Ashley
    http://breakfastatsaks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the cardi! And your hair looks fab! XX

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your ability to mix patterns -- this one is really great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful pattern mix - I can see why you felt great in this one!

    I love that feeling, too - I know I carry myself with more confidence when I'm wearing an outfit I really look great in.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE the pattern mixing here and never ever would have thought of it.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover