December 7, 2010

30 for 30: Day 21 (12/07/10)

I dabbled in a bit more of the black and brown business today...
30 for 30: Day 21 (12/07/10)
Black/White Houndstooth Pants: Merona, Thrifted
Black V-Neck: Forever 21, Thrifted
Camel Sweater: Wet Seal, Thrifted, $3.99
Black Boots: Franco Fortini, Ebay
Glasses: SEE Eyewear
Belt: a.n.a., Thrifted
Gold Hoop Earrings: Walmart
Gold Necklace: Part of grab bag of necklaces, $5 (total)

I wasn't 100% in love with this outfit when I put it together last night. I actually had a back up outfit in mind in case I absolutely hated this one when I put it on this morning. I have to say, though, that I ended up loving it! I think the camel colored sweater paired quite well with the houndstooth pants, yes? I also think each piece evened the other out because the sweater is quite fitted while these pants are actually too big on me... I just haven't had the heart to get rid of them until I find a new pair of houndstooth trousers. :) Can't live without my houndstooth.

30 for 30: Day 21 (12/07/10)


One of the security officers where I work commented on my belt today, noting that it looked like Santa's belt. Erm. I guess maybe it does? Whatever. Tis the season! :)

I anchored this outfit with this belt because this sweater is so fitted that it shows each and every bump from my pants. These pants have a thick fabric to them, plus they hook at the top, so it was really bumpy and unattractive looking without the belt. Luckily, I think the belt was the perfect touch so it ended up working out wonderfully.

Also worth noting - I next to never wear gold but felt my neckline needed some decoration. I didn't have any other necklaces that looked right so I gave this one a whirl and liked how it paired with the camel color of the sweater.

Gosh, this outfit just worked itself out pretty well! I love when that happens.

Confused? Learn more about the 30 for 30 Closet Remix at Kendi Everyday. Want to see who else joined the remix? Click here for a full list of all remixers. Want to see how I am doing? Check out all of my 30 for 30 posts right here.

10 comments:

  1. i love when that happens, too! this outfit looks fabulous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this sweater looks awesome on you! looks fab with the houndstooth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great! This outfit is super cute, and it makes your figure look amazing. I understand not wanting to give up the houndstooth pants, they're super awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always have the hardest time making a belt look good around the low-waist, but I think you pulled it off really well here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. camel with hounds-tooth looks so classic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Missed you missed you!! and....you MUST hand over those pants to me ...STAT!!

    Gorgeous girlie!!

    Stop by and say Hello:)
    NEWS EDITOR for Style Sample Magazine♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. This belt is perfect. And I love that you wrote it actually had a function! Form and function - love it!

    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm a fellow remixer and cannot believe it took me 21 outfits later to find your blog!

    first off, i absolutely love your glasses and really like the outfits you've been putting together for the challenge! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is perfect - I love the mix of neutrals, and the proportions are spot-on!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohh i love caramel anything and this sweater is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover