December 2, 2010

30 for 30: Day EIGHTEEN (12/02/10)

If there is one thing I think I do well, it's mixing black and white prints. If you peered into my closet, you would find oodles of different pieces that each have a different black and white color scheme. Hand me colorful prints, though, and I get lost. If there is one thing I would like to do when this remix is through, it would be to inject some harder to work with/pair items into my wardrobe. It would be a new challenge for me of sorts!

30 for 30: Day 18 (12/02/10)
Black/White Polka Dot Dress: Roulette, Thrifted, $2.50
Black/White Stripe Turtleneck: Mossimo, Target, $12.99 (on sale)
Black Belt: Jones New York, Thrifted, $1.00
Black Leggings: Mossimo Supply Co, Target, $6
Black Boots: Franco Fortini, Ebay
Glasses: SEE Eyewear

I have to apologize for my wrinkle filled dress here. I promise I did not leave the house like this in the morning. A butt wrinkled dress is what happens when you work an office-type job, ya know what I'm saying? If only I could carry around a personal sized steamer with me! Ha!

30 for 30: Day 18 (12/02/10)

If you've been eyeing this turtleneck at Target, I urge you to snatch one up! It is the greatest piece - Perfectly long, super soft, easy to pair with so many things. This is one of the very few items I have bought in the past few months that isn't a thrift store piece. Yes, I like thrift store prices but this Target top is also inexpensive and well worth the price. I would have paid double, even triple, for it knowing how much I like it now!

What have you bought recently that you just absolutely love?


Confused? Learn more about the 30 for 30 Closet Remix at Kendi Everyday. Want to see who else joined the remix? Click here for a full list of all remixers. Want to see how I am doing? Check out all of my 30 for 30 posts right here.

14 comments:

  1. Love this! I am so inspired by your print mixing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do mix black and white prints well. I have noticed that before.
    Also, I wasn't thinking of getting that turtleneck at Target...but now I am. Way to sell it!
    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. spots and stripes!! The do go together and you prove it! Love it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not the first to say this, but I adore the way you mix prints. Know what else I adore? You, swissy missy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i wish you were closer so i could borrow your clothes. well, then it would be a 60 for 30, wouldn't it? in lieu of that, i'll have to consider picking one of these up. the black/grey would work excellently with one of the other skirts i have outside of the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the pattern mix on this.

    I just got some high heeled Doc Martins lace up ankle boots. I've worn them 2 weeks straight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the mix of patterns:) What a great outfit. Wish you a relaxing weekend, sweetie
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE the stipes and polka dots together. This outfit is abfab.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the spots and stripes! The dress is fantastic - polka dots, collar, ruched sleeves? <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you mixed patterns in this outfit!! I'm running low on inspiration so I'm trying to figure out how I can pull something like this off!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok that dress is adorable on you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i really love that turtleneck!!!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover