March 29, 2011

Lesson in Frugality: Tribal Necklace

I have been obsessed with Nicole Richie's House of Harlow line since it hit the market. I will admit to being a bit of a jewelry minimalist, at least lately... I don't wear much of it on a daily basis and when I do, it's just one of two small pieces. The House of Harlow line, though, is one I find myself drawn to time after time. Rarely do I like every single piece in any given line... but this one? Yes, please. However, with each jewelry piece ranging in price from $25 and up (and most pieces being on the up), it's not something I see myself readily dropping money on anytime soon. In case you didn't get the memo yet - this girl is cheap.

This is why I am constantly on the hunt for pretty pieces that either model the look and/or feel of the House of Harlow line. And let me tell you, when I found this vintage piece at Miskabelle Vintage I about did a jig! It easily captures the tribal feel of the House of Harlow Triangle necklace.

Lesson in Frugality: Tribal Necklace

FRUGAL: Vintage Teal Enamel Triangle Necklace at Miskabelle Vintage
---------------------------------------------------
...NOT SO FRUGAL: House of Harlow 1960 Tribal Triangle Necklace in Turquoise at Singer22.com


Truth be told, I'm actually a bigger fan of the vintage necklace from Miskabelle Vintage than I am of the House of Harlow necklace. The fact that it is vintage is icing on the cake. I love that it has an actual cut out design to it too.

So, my question is, which necklace would you rather wear?

13 comments:

  1. Great find and a perfect alternative to the HoH necklace! I like them both for different reasons—the vintage necklace is a bit tougher and more interesting while the HoH is sleeker. Both would be awesome additions to an outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kellie - So true! I do like how each piece has it's own thing going on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm girl, you know I love my chevron, but the $18 price tag is even sweeter to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them both..if it were a price tag thing...then the cheaper one for sure:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 85% of the time, I'll choose vintage over new any day but the colors on that HoH necklace are vibrant and beautiful. I love both but I could NEVER drop $80 on a necklace in my current financial standing. :/
    http://one-girl-vs-world.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like Nicoles line too but good for you for finding a lower priced one just as cute.

    Thx for your comment too.
    Great blog!

    xoDal

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great finds! Love your blog and deals!

    http://badjoan.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Nicole's line too, but I agree you can get the same feel much cheaper if you're wlling to look around. Great find!
    -Meagan
    http://spunkychateau.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with you. I like the less expensive option as well. And not just because it is cheaper.

    rebeccawithanR

    ReplyDelete
  10. I actually like the one from Miskabelle Vintage better, as well! It has a nicer shape to it, not so sharp.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I actually own that HOH necklace in orange and I'm quite in love with it, but your vintage find is fabulous too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love love love House of Harlow. That is a great find! The vintage necklace is fabulous. Did you buy it?

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover