March 17, 2011

30/30: Finale!

This is it. My last outfit for this edition of the 30x30. Taking all things into account: Being sick for what seemed like forever and the endless winter... this 30x30 felt more like 300x300. I'm pretty excited that not only am I done, but I made it through.

30/30: Finale
White Top: Charlotte Russe, OLD
Black Skirt: Peter Popovitch, thrifted, $1.50
Scarf: Bijoux Terner, Salvation Army, $3.99
Tights: ??
Shoes: Merona, thrifted, $4
Glasses: SEE Eyewear

I didn't give these flats enough love during the challenge. I think this happened because it has been so gosh darn cold and wearing flats with tights/socks isn't my thing. I prefer a naked foot with flats. However, in the spirit of all things 30x30, I gave it a whirl and I like the way these look with the tights. Plus, it was a nice change away from heels... which I feel like I have had to live in considering both pairs of boots I picked for the remix both has a heel. My feet were thankful for the flat break.

30/30: Finale


It was easy to tie the black and brown in the shoes together with this scarf and skirt. The brown tones in the shoes actually ended up being a nearly perfect max to this scarf that I've had since December. I bought this scarf at a Salvation Army store near my aunt and uncle's house. My sister and I made a pit stop at the SA on our way home from celebrating Christmas with my dad's side of the family. I was pretty excited when I found this as I have found that it's hard to come by good, quality, big scarves at thrift stores.

15 comments:

  1. I'm a huge fan of the simplicity of this outfit. The sassy touches are perfect with the black and white. Congrats on finishing!! Isn't it such a great feeling?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on finishing!! I don't ever think to wear flats with tights, but you pull it off perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this outfit! That skirt is so great, the scarf is a great color, and I adore the shoes. Very impressive that you finished the 30/30!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that this is simple but still reflects your personality and is perfect for many occasions. It looks like your tights are striped and I think that looks great with the leopard flats. If they're not... just ignore me. Smile and nod.

    Great giveaway going on with freehippie!
    http://one-girl-vs-world.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to to wrap it up hunnie....super proud up you...love the brown and black together:)

    Stop by and say Hello:)
    Enter my Free People Giveaway!!♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this outfit. Probably one of my favorites. That scarf is so wonderful, can't believe you found it at the SA!

    <3Chelsea Elizabeth
    http://www.organizedxxmess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats on being done. that scarf is so pretty, it looks a bit shiny/shimmery

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the hue of that scarf! my favorite color in the world right now! (yellow ochre!)

    love, polly :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on the 30x30! Way to end it on a night note!

    xoxo
    Christine
    www.aquietdetermination.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by!
    Congrats on the 30 for 30!!
    Your blog is so much fun!
    Happy weekend,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  11. i am so ion love with leopard print recently, you look fab. simple, elegant, and fab. pretty scarf too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i agree! that's a great scarf for tying together browns and blacks!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woohoo!!!! Congrats on finishing your 30/30! Seriously, big props. And I love those shoes! Fun flats are my fav
    pics-o-andrea

    ReplyDelete
  14. congrats! i love that skirt...not everyone can wear a pleated skirt well, but you do. i wish i could!!!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover