January 27, 2011

Red, White & Blue in January

I went back to work today after staying home sick yesterday. I felt better yesterday afternoon but woke up feeling worse this morning. I think I'm allergic to my job.

Red/White/Blue in January
Navy Sweater: It's Our Time, Thrifted
Gingham Top: Old Navy
Polka Dot Dress: No tag, Thrifted
Boots: St. John's Bay, Thrifted, $4.60
Belt: ??, Thrifted, $1
Glasses: SEE Eyewear

Don't ask what I was thinking going out with bare legs in super snowy weather today. (Especially when sick!) What can I say... when I have something in mind, there is no undoing it. I was determined to wear this dress and this shirt together. The sweater was for added layers.

I've had this dress for so long, I don't even remember where or when I bought it. That's kind of a feat for me because I can normally pinpoint where and when I bought every single piece of clothing I own. Is that strange?

Red/White/Blue in January

My favorite part of this dress? You're lookin' at it right here. It's miles and miles of pleats - so much so that it sways perfectly when you walk. I kind of have a thing for dresses that do that.

10 comments:

  1. Those pleats are spectacular! I love how festive and 4th of July this look is! And, you're a better woman than I for the bare-legs-in-January!
    Feel better, soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE pleats...and polkas and plaid....so this outfit is totally right up my alley...love all of your pieces:)

    Stop by and say Hello:)
    Enter my e.l.f Cosmetics Giveaway!!♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dots + Checks = perfect!

    Get thee some navy tights, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome! I love the pattern mixing - you're such a pro at that. And I know exactly where I acquired each piece in my wardrobe as well. And I remember events based on what I wore as well (and what hair style I was rocking). So funny how our brains work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. whatwhatwhat! i love the button down over the dress! and the SWAY FACTOR is very important in a girls life. almost as important as the twirl factor ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can't remember where you got the dress because it's actually mine and I accidentally left it in your closet!

    Did that work? Probably not. But, I LOVE this outfit! The pleats especially :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH, PLEATS! I'm wide-eyed with envy about this skirt. I'm waiting on two pleated skirts that I ordered from ArchivesChicago to grace me with their presence on my doorstep. I love how many pleats your skirt has and IT'S DOTTED. It does NOT get better than that!
    http://one-girl-vs-world.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your dress is gorgeous! What a great find! I love how you put together this outfit. You look great :)

    Thanks for your comment! I was a bit nervous to wear those tights, but after putting them on with that outfit, it was love.

    xo,
    Kirstin Marie

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love pleats because i feel youthful and sophiscated at the same time! looks really great.

    and i love your list for the 30x30. i'm the same way. list and list some more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this look and how you mixed prints!
    I would find 30x30 not too bad because I only really wear dresses so it's easier for me to make outfits. Hope it goes well x

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover