January 30, 2011

30 x 30: Finalizing the List

30 x 30: Winter 2011

Look familiar? I'm a list maker... what can I say. The only bad thing is that I waited to the very last second to plan this go around of the 30x30. I'm blaming it on not feeling well all this week, trying to get laundry done and good ol' procrastination.

Here's the thing... I'm currently stuck at 21 items. Is this good or bad? I'm not sure. I'm leaning towards bad because I'm missing key pieces I really wanted by now - the perfect denim shirt, some pink, sweaters that are open/button down. I'm spending a lot of time visualizing what I want instead of using what I already have. Not good.

If there is one thing I love about the 30x30 challenge it's that it has taught me to look at things I own with a more critical eye. I see so much of my closet now as useless... just so many items I bought on a whim without thinking about how I could use them more than just one time or with more than one outfit.

Are you taking part in the 30x30? If you're still on the fence, I urge you to participate. I was SO scared I wouldn't be able to handle it the first time I took part but the exact opposite happened - I loved it. It will help you look at your closet with totally new eyes.

I'll see you all back here tomorrow... with the grand list of 30 items that made my list!
hello

12 comments:

  1. Your list looks like mine! I kept rewriting and crossing things off before finally committing... definitely add more color, I feel like it's going to be more challenging with more color & pattern...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make a list like this, too :) And I totally agree that the 30 makes you start to evaluate pieces differently, more as ingredients rather than stand-alone meals. Guess I'm hungry. ;)

    GOODLUCK finishing it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the listmaking! I'm not participating in this challenge, but I love to see how all the other bloggers are preparing for it!
    From reading your notes so far, it looks like you've got a great start! good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is exciting! I definitely couldn't do a 30x30 challenge myself, I can't even bear to think about how messy my closet is and how many key pieces it is missing... ahh!

    -Ashley
    http://breakfastatsaks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was 3 short until today and I admit I added a cardigan I dont think I needed, but I didnt have anything else I felt like worked, you know?

    Good luck! I'm sure you'll either work these few pieces or find what you need in your closet (not those "perfect" items, I know just how that goes. But just a few more items you might like to work with)

    Whatever, all that to say GOOD LUCK and can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too, was stuck for a few minutes on 20 things...then once I got on a roll, I wound up having to sort through items to put BACK, lol...I bet your pieces are going to be great!!!

    Stop by and say Hello:)
    My 30x30 Remix, Let’s Get it ON! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay, I'm excited to see your remix.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to see what else you picked!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel you. I got stuck for a while too but suddenly I was at 33! Can't wait to see your remix this time around.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am such a list maker, it helps me organize my life! Can't wait to see all the combos you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi I like your picks!
    I am also mixing, you can follow;)
    http://sienastyle.blogspot.com/
    and good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover