May 26, 2011

Awkward and Awesome Thursday

AWKWARD...
- Coming home to discover that the ceiling in my bedroom is falling apart and leaking water above my bed. Yeah.
- Running around trying to spruce up my apartment before my landlord comes over to check out the damage in my bedroom. Not fun. Note to self: Learn to clean on a more regular basis.
- My boyfriend playing his online gaming and listening to all the dudes he is playing it with. Wow, they take it a bit too serious and sound totally strange. He's in a guild. Need I say more? Oh, dear.
- My outfit photos A) taking place in my messy kitchen and B) myself looking ever so messy after all of the above and it being after 11pm. Truth in outfitting... I swear this looked less sloppy this morning! (P.S. It was a casual day at work.)

WIW: 05/26/11
Cardigan: Always the Forest, Detroit Urban Craft Fair 2009 (I think), $50
Black Tee: Mossimo Supply Co, Thrifted
Jeans: Mossimo Premium, Target, ?
Shoes: Converse All Stars, ? (so old)
Glasses: SEE Eyewear
WIW: 05/26/11


AWESOME...
- Today was my Friday. I have a four day weekend to relax and enjoy!
- Getting asked to be part of a new project at work... it is helping with putting a little more pep in my step at work.
- The prospect of thrifting, estate sales, breakfast with my mom and sleeping in this weekend!
- Making jam late tonight with strawberries I picked up for dirt cheap...

Jam Making - Awesome

- My houndstooth kitchen rugs... yes, they are really awesome.
- Did I mention I have a four day weekend!?
- Landlords that fix major issues. Today is the first day in a long time that I am thankful I don't own my own place. Renting isn't always too shabby.

Want to let the world know about your awkward and awesome Thursday? Click here to check out the original Awkward and Awesome lady, Sydney at The Daybook, and link up!

11 comments:

  1. I am dying over that houndstooth rug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the houndstooth rug and am dying of jealousy over an extra weekend day for sleeping in and thrifting. Enjoy!


    mo / stufffast.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Homemade strawberry jam? Ymmm! enjoy your long weekend! (it's supposed to be cold and rainy up north the next 3 days! boo!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. DYING over that houndstooth rug. So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you have so many spices and how you organized them on those racks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the outfit and that rug! Also so sad about your roof leaking! I hate that!

    Meet Virginia Design
    Check out my Giveaway from Stella & Dot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope that roof got fixed up fast. EEEK! Also, you're adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never seen a houndstooth rug...that is pretty cool! Debbie http://thriftygirlvintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. homemade jam is seriously the best! mmmm.

    dash dot dotty

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope your apartment is all fixed up and perfect by now! And your kitchen looks sooooo nice compared to mine right now, lol! :)

    -Ashley
    http://breakfastatsaks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover