May 10, 2011

Everybody, Everywhere: Floral

I was really excited when I found out that the Everybody, Everywhere item of the month was florals. I own a lot of floral pieces but I've owned this blousy, vibrant colored top for a little while now and hadn't given it much use. I'm a huge fan of floral designs that feature black as a background color. I think it gives the floral that much more pop.

EBEW: Floral
Floral Top: Apparenza, Thrifted, $1.50
Green Skirt: No tag (?), Thrifted, $7.50
Leather Belt: Chic, Thrifted, $1.00
Shoes: Highlights, Payless Shoe Source, OLDDDD
Glasses: SEE Eyewear

I should mention that this skirt is part of a set. I bought it (and its matching jacket) at this price when I went thrift shopping with Suze a couple weeks ago. The jacket is crazy cool but didn't look quite right on me. Suze tried it on and it looked great (especially against her red hair)! I think she even had a little DIY action planned for it, so stay tuned for that!

EBEW: Floral

Speaking of red, check out my legs. Yes, I sat outside for 1.5 hours yesterday and got third degree burns. OK, OK, maybe they're not that bad, but still super red and painful. Long story short, my building was evacuated and I spent some time in some sun without sunblock. I usually carry Neutrogena's spray SPF in my bag but have been naughty about applying it and carrying it with me lately. NEVER AGAIN.

EBEW: Floral

I was really excited when I noticed this top looked perfect against the kelly green skirt. I think I haven't worn this shirt much because it needed something more fun than black pants to pair it with, you know? And, actually, all of the skirts I bought that thrifting day with Suze will look pretty with this top. Love that!

EBEW: Floral

Lastly, an oldie but a goodie! I don't think I will ever buy a brand new belt in my lifetime because I always find great ones at the thrift store! And for $1.00 or less! And real leather! How can you beat that!?

Well, I'm off to check out what everyone else is wearing for Floral Day! Why don't you join me? Click on the button below to check out how lots of other bloggers rocked the floral look today...

Florals | Everybody, Everywear

21 comments:

  1. The colors are gorgeous...I really like the skirt...you can do so much with it..what a great thrift find!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty top! I like florals on black too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I totally love the rainbow belt with the floral top. Such a perfect pair and that green skirt is divine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME belt. I love it! You look amazing in florals-- love those brights!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, I must figure out thrifting again. Your look is proof that there are fabulous finds out there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I DIE for that skirt! So fab! And the belt is amazing! Great EBEW look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is so cute! i love the floral with the green skirt, it's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. loooove that skirt, dear :)))

    love, polly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ow, I hate sunburns but looove that blouse!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The top drew me to your post. The colors are so vibrant and eye catching. But the green pencil skrit has stolen my heart as well. You worked this at a great low price :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore this kelly green skirt! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This outfit makes me SO happy. Love the colors. You look great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic! I am dying to find a Kelly green pencil skirt or pants - especially at that price.


    Mo /stufffast.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the colors in your blouse. They are so vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
  15. GIRL your glasses are amazing!! They go so well with your mod hair. xo

    I am having a buffalo tooth necklace giveaway, if you're interested.
    strawberry freckleface

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love EVERYTHING about this outfit Katie. It is quite simply my favorite one to date. The belt, ahhh. Perfection!!!!! EVERYTHING.

    ReplyDelete
  17. love the floral pattern of your blouse and love the way it looks with that amazing shade of green!
    xx
    ari

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely floral top :D


    xxx

    ps: you can still join our Chanel giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  19. That top is amazing! I love seeing potential in items like that in thrift stores!
    -Meagan
    http://spunkychateau.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a cute outfit! I love how you paired that floral top with a bright green skirt. I don't know why, but I'm always kind of intimidated by florals.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover