April 4, 2011

Navy Monday

I'll be honest, blue and I, yeah, we don't really see eye to eye. He has just never been my thing. I don't feel drawn to blue anything the majority of the time. For most people, black and grey are considered the "gloomy" colors but for me, it's blue. Even still, every once in a while I find a piece that I really, really like. The minute I laid my eyes on this dress, it was love at first sight. The price was just the frosting on the cake!

Navy Monday 04/04/11
Dress: S.L. Petites, Thrift-Value World, $1.80
Belt: No tag, Thrift-Value World, $.55
Shoes: a.n.a, Thrift-?, $8.99
Bracelet: Handmade by seller at local art show, Gift from my mom

She's a beauty, right? The fact that this entire outfit cost me $11.34 actually makes me want to give myself a big old pat on the back and a little bit of a happy dance along with it. Watch out, I might just bust out my favorite dance moves - the chicken dance. :)

Navy Monday - 04/04/11

Oops. Notice anything here? Like the thrift store sticker price tag on the bottom of my shoe? Yeah, I've had these shoes for over a year now... I always forget to take the tags off the bottom of shoes. Let's just call it my happy little reminder of how much I saved!

Navy Monday 04/04/11

I added a bit more pizazz to the dress with this adorable navy and white polka dot skinny belt that I found at the thrift store the same day I bought this dress. I love that vintage dresses like this come with belts, but I'm not usually in the mood to wear them with a matching fabric belt. This dress was just calling for a little funky print mixing so I thought the polka dots would be perfect. I love when I find the exact thing I am thinking of while at the thrift store. Best ever.

Navy Monday 04/04/11

My mom bought this bracelet years ago for me at a local art show. We both fell head over heels for the amazing navy blue beads - they remind me of a dark starry sky. I actually have earrings that match thanks to my mom, as well. I didn't know it, but she spoke with the seller after I walked away to see if she could create a matching pair of earrings and mail them. Isn't that sweet? I love my mom.

Navy Monday - 04/04/11

Finally, on a less maybe not so fashionable, per se, note - Did you know that April is Sexual Assault Awareness/Child Abuse Prevention month? Unfortunately, as part of my job, I come in contact with many situations involving these types of matters, so I am wearing a ribbon to show a small display of support. If you'd like to learn more about how you can help in other ways, I urge you to click here.

19 comments:

  1. Wow, great dress!! Im not super big on blue either....but you really scored on this lovely one:) The dress is gorgeous on you...love the brown heels too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this outfit on you. You may have found the perfect blue dress!
    -Meagan
    http://spunkychateau.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome purchase. Just when I'm shouting out the great prices I pay, someone comes up and pulls the rug out from beneath me. Love it - very vintage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness this dress is darling! I want it!

    rebeccawithanR

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great find! You look gorgeous. I'm actually a pretty big fan of blue. I find it such a peaceful color. You really styled this great.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the dress and the dotted belt is the perfect accent. I too am always running around with price tags on the bottom of my shoes. Of course, that means that weird goodwill sticker gets left on some random floor. Ooops. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i don't ever take the stickers off unless i can get them COMPLETELY off - else the sticky gummy adhesive just grabs a bunch of dirt & nasty things. i love the belt with that dress <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should try to love blue more because it looks fab on you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look straight out of the 1930s in this dress. The silhouette is classy, the patterns are divine together, and the pumps fit the bill perfectly. I only wish I had one!!! I really love this look on you. You are killing it!

    http://one-girl-vs-world.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with you about blue. I'm never drawn to it like I am other colors. Strange!
    This however is truely fabulous and frugal.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That dress is ADORABLE! It looks great on you. Now let's talk about those super cute shoes! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVe those shoes!

    And congrats, you won the Ruggles Stitch giveaway on my blog! Can you please confirm if you still want the Home Sweet Home cross stitch? you can email me that and your mailing address to spotty_zebra@hotmail.com .

    ReplyDelete
  13. I already told you how much I adore this dress but I didn't want to forget to answer your question about the one I wore the other day...it looks black in the picture probably, but it's actually navy blue and white!
    -Meagan
    http://spunkychateau.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. so glad to find your blog - love it! fashion + frugality?? you are my kind of girl!

    xo,
    your newest follower

    ReplyDelete
  15. I own almost no navy at all, but I usually envy it in other people's outfits, like yours! Those shoes are so perfect, too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love this dress! and you wear it well :]

    www.playgroundlovevintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so stoked to find your blog. Your fashion and writing style are both so fun! I am a new follower. AND I hope to learn some tips for some sweet thrifting deals just by reading your blogs. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover