April 25, 2011

Easter Sunday

Hope you all had a nice Easter and/or a nice Sunday! I spent the majority of the day in my pajamas, relaxing and catching up on some blog reading. I would say that's a pretty decent way to spend a day, don't you think? I joined my family at 5pm to get a bite to eat at one of my favorite restaurants in Royal Oak (Michigan), Pronto. We celebrated Easter last weekend upnorth at my grandpa's house so this was an easy-going casual get together. Still, I felt it necessary to wear a spring worthy dress...

Easter Sunday 04/24/11
Dress: Talbots (vintage?), Thrift: Oak Park Value World, $2.25
Belt: Random piece of black ribbon
Sweater: Kersh, TJMaxx, ? (old)
Heels: Metro 7, Walmart, ? (old)
Glasses: SEE Eyewear

I bought this dress the other weekend while thrift shopping with Suze. It's 100% polyester but feels like silk. It's so thin, it basically feels like you're wearing nothing which is nice and weird all at the same time. :) Actually, let me correct that - it will be nice when some warmer temps get to Michigan. Today it was just plain cold.

I initially planned to style the dress with a jean jacket and flower pin... but it ended up looking way too Blossom - which wasn't the look I was going for. Instead I paired it with this fresh green long cardigan and it was perfect. I love this shade of pink and green together.

Easter Sunday 04/24/11

Here's a better view of my shoes. I bought these years ago at Walmart and they've been a favorite ever since. I, of course, like the fact that they look vintage. I typically wear a size 9 in most shoes, so it can be hard to find decent actual vintage shoes in my size.

Like this dress that I picked up with Suze? Stay tuned this week for a post about the rest of my purchases! I found lots of bright, vibrant colored pieces - perfect for spring!

18 comments:

  1. Cute! That dress and sweater combo is definitely very spring-appropriate!
    -Meagan
    http://spunkychateau.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your outfit is awesome! I have been wanting to check out Value World but have heard some bad things about them. You have convinced me to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Danielle! I always have really good luck at Value World... plus, I ALWAYS have 50% off coupons to use there, which makes the prices that much better! They always come in those JB Deal things in the mail but you can also usually print them from their website. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect Easter dress! Flowers plus that dreamy color!? LOVELY. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely dress, and a great thrift find. I'm so jealous!

    14 Shades Of Grey

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found you on Twitter, and I am so glad I did! You are so cute, and I love your style. HURRAH for $2 dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Found you through Twitter Tuesday! :) You look so great. I love this outfit! The combination of colors is fantastic. Adorable Easter outfit :)

    The-Loudmouth.com
    Twitter @theloudermouth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute! I saw you on Collette's blog and had to check out yours! Lovin' your unique style!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi katie, I just found you through Collette Osuna...and I have already added you to my blog roll and will be a new follower! I like what you are doing on your blog!! Will return

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the dress. You certainly are on your way to adding more color:)

    Cant wait to see your other pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that you styled this beautiful bold dress with some color! Such takes it up a notch and totally unexpected~ Great choice, you look super chic!

    xo-Julie

    Haute Khuuture Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello! Just read about you over at Collette's blog, and I LOVE your style. Looking forward in getting to see more of it! -Bella Q
    the Citizen Rosebud

    ReplyDelete
  13. you look lovely! I'm very fond of the dress and its lightness.
    I read about your blog at Collette's blog - so happy I did it!

    Lyosha
    Inside & Outside blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the color mix! That dress makes me yearn for warmer weather!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just found your blog through the lovely Collette, and I'm so glad I did! I love your bright, colorful style! That dress is an awesome find!

    ReplyDelete
  16. you have an awesome blog !! thats exactly how i spent my easter !!!

    tiklemecouture.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover