April 12, 2011

EBEW: Maxi

I have actually come to realize that I have quite a few maxis in my possession. I spent last night with all of them - trying on this with that and trying on that with this. I originally decided on a pretty, colorful look but when I woke up freezing this morning, I decided to switch it up to a heavier skirt. If you're a regular reader around these parts, I know you've seen this one before so I hope it doesn't bore you too much - I just love it so! (Don't worry, I put that other look away for a warmer day!)

EBEW: Maxi (04/12/11)
Pink Tshirt: City Streets, JCPenney, $5 (sale)
Skirt: Juno, Thrifted@Salvation Army, $2.99
Belt: Alfani, Thrifted, $1
Black Flats: Diana Ferrari, Thrifted@Salvation Army, $3.75
Snake Bangle Watch: Studio Time (Buy it!), Kohls, Gift from my mom for Christmas (2010)
Necklace/Earrings: Avon, Gift from my aunt
Glasses: SEE Eyewear

I think that pink and grey together just look so fresh. It's still spring worthy but since the skirt is pretty thick (and actually a little heavy... there's a lot of fabric to this thing) it's perfect for a breezy spring day like today. I added some simple black flats just to keep the emphasis on the skirt and the colors. Though, to be honest, I never like the look of any shoes that I pair with this skirt. I wish I could walk around barefoot sometimes. Anyone else with me on this?

EBEW: Maxi (04/12/11)

I love this belt. I always feel limited in wearing it with things but I'm trying to get over that. My boyfriend thought it looked strange because it's on an angle but I actually liked it that way. It adds a little funk. Can angles add funk? Or am I just a total grandma for saying that?

EBEW: Maxi (04/12/11)

I made my mom buy me this for Christmas. Well, actually, it went down more like this: I picked it up. I said I loved it. She said put it in the cart, you're getting it for Christmas. I obeyed. This occurred on our annual Black Friday crazy-early-are-you-kidding-me-that-I'm-shopping-this-early Shopping Event of 2010. She's usually been up for zillions of hours when we do this (she works nights as a nurse) so this tends to work in my favor. Merry Christmas to me.

EBEW: Maxi (04/12/11)

Finally, it's important to note that my boyfriend took these photos for me. He has since been given his pink slip due to including the corner of our grill in nearly every single shot - hence the smaller size of my photos today. Want to see a pretty funny outtake from today's photo session? Click on over to my facebook page and take a look... and while you're there, you might as well click the like button. :)

Maxi | Everybody, Everywear

24 comments:

  1. I"m loving pink and grey right now too, and the pleated skirt is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like shoes ruin maxi dresses/skirts. It's a tragedy.

    You look fantastic. I don't remember seeing this skirt before! Maybe you styled it differently and I'm dumb :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ee- this skirt is gorgeous, and it is a very fresh combination with the vivid pink. I love how...just...long this skirt is!! I have a long grey pleated wool skirt, but it's a wrap and somehow the weight conspires to blow open. somehow not so warm nor demure...!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at you rocking all the spring trends! Pleats, neon, maxi dresses... Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pleated skirt and the belt and the pink tee. So pretty. If you have any pointy toe flats, they work well with maxi skirts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with Liz. I'm always impressed how you make the trends your own. You are following trends, but you look uniquely you. And you do it with amazing thrift finds.
    You never cease to amaze.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wasn't sure about wearing a maxi yesterday because it was pretty chilly here. This heavier one is good idea for the trasitional days. And I love that bracelet!
    -Meagan
    http://spunkychateau.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pleats on this and pink with grey!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i adore this long pleated skirt... it looks so good with the pink top.

    http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving all the maxis this week w/ ebew. Your color combination is fabulous. Neon anything with gray works. true story.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE this look! I'm a big fan of maxis and I'm a big fan of pink and gray. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love how you styled this skirt. beautiful. <3 EverRubyGirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I´m insanely in love with pleated skirts! One of my favorite EBEW looks for sure! :D
    xxx

    http://gypsy-diaries.blogspot.com/

    P.S: I´m having a 100$ beauty giveaway for Chanel, YSL... products. I thought you might be interested! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The pink brightens up the gray for sure, and I'm adoring the pleats in this skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  15. that skirt is a fantastic thrift find! the pleats are so good!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness. So cute. I love everything about this look!

    I am having a Free People give-away on my blog if you're interested.
    xo
    strawberry freckleface

    ReplyDelete
  17. This look is great! I love your pleated maxi!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooo, I love your skirt!!! It's so pretty, I love the fullness. I think angles are fun in pictures, as long as they aren't too severe. They definitely add funk :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your skirt and the bracelet! x

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover