July 25, 2011

Scarf Swap (8/30)

I have a case of the moody mondays today. Admittedly, the first day of the work week is never a favorite of mine... but it felt like everyone took a crabby patty pill today! Did it feel that way in your neck of the woods? I had to take a breather break after I was chewed out (over the phone, mind you) by someone I work with (indirectly work with - not exactly a co-worker of mine). Nothing sets me off more than when someone talks to me like I am five years old - especially when A) I know I am right and B) I am nice while knowing I am right. Gah. Anyway. Had to get that off my chest.

So, back to some frugal fashion... remember that scarf swap that Concrete Catwalk put together back in June? Yeah, that one! Now, I know what you're thinking... Katie, that was June. This is July. Erm, I know. But, see, here's the thing: There was a huge delay in me sending a scarf to my partner. I originally gave my boyfriend the task of sending it to her, which was fine and great... until he put the package in the back of his car and proceeded to forget about it. So there you go. The good news is that everything was sorted out and I have a very forgiving swap partner! Thank you, Jackie!

Summer 2011 30x30: Scarf Swap (8/30)
Dress: Merona, Thrifted, OLD
Scarf: Swapped with Rodori Style!
Earrings: Won in a giveaway
Flats: Mossimo, Thrifted, $3.40
Glasses: SEE Eyewear

Can I tell you how much I love the scarf she sent to me? It is big, bright, and bold. Love. Love. Love. The colors in it change between a pink and orange - probably my two most favorite colors. Unfortunately, I took my photos late in the day and didn't have the foresight to take a photo of the scarf stretched out so you could get a better look at it. Don't worry, we'll visit with this scarf again soon!

Summer 2011 30x30: Scarf Swap (8/30)


Summer 2011 30x30: Scarf Swap (8/30)

I decided that since the scarf is such a bold piece that I would pair it with this simple dress from my 30x30 items. I love it against the black. It makes it pop that much more. Plus, since I can almost-kind-of-sort-of put my hair up now, I added some massive earrings that are perfect at times like this. I'm pretty sure every single person in my office complimented me on both the scarf and earrings today. (OK, maybe not everyone I encountered was a crabby patty.)

Summer 2011 30x30: Scarf Swap (8/30)

Check out my mini baby bun. This was taken around 8pm so I think it did a pretty good job holding up... even if I did have to use one million pins in the back and shellac it down with gel and hair spray. :)

Now if you'll excuse me, I am off to hunt down some ice cream and hop into bed with a good book. I think I've earned both of those after a long day!

4 comments:

  1. I did the exact same thing! Only I forgot about it- not joe! Whoops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the scarf! It's beautiful and I love how you let it be the center of attention in this simple outfit. You look fab, Katie! :)

    http://one-girl-vs-world.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahahaha.. That's hilarious!

    I love the scarf and how you put the look together! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely love that scarf on that dress! You look amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover