July 5, 2011

Happy Birthday, America!

Well, I am "back to reality" after a glorious four day weekend away from work and the computer (well, ok, just a little away from the computer). I got to spend some time with my little brother (We made him a facebook... oh my goodess, my tiny little brother has a facebook! And I helped!), watched some great fireworks, hung out around my little city enjoying their 4th of July festival and ate some great bbq while visiting with the favorite members of my boyfriend's family.

And then I woke up this morning and thought, "Do I really have to go back to work!?" Yes, lady, yes you do. :)

Just because I had to head back to work doesn't mean I can't show you what I wore to celebrate the 4th of July! Remember, I love a good theme outfit: Example One and Example Two. Plus, red, white and blue always look good together.

WIW: July 4, 2011
OK, to be honest, I wore this on July 2nd - that is when we celebrated the 07/04 weekend.
Tank: Mossimo Supply Co (Long and Lean), Target, ? (clearance rack)
Gingham Top: Urban Behavior, Plato's Closet, ?
Shorts: St. John's Bay, Thrifted, ?
Wedge Sandals: Chadwicks, Thrifted, ?
Belt: No tag, Thrifted, $1.40
Glasses: SEE Eyewear

Red, white and blue... Add in some gingham and ruffles and I am set. I bought this gingham top a few years ago at one of my local Plato's Closet stores. It's a good example of buying something out of your normal size range. Actually, it is the size I would normally wear but this particular shirt doesn't fit over my bust. Determined to wear it anyway, I bought it and went on my merry way. So what if it can't button - I think it works well like this. However, I make an effort not to do this very often as it limits the ways I can style this particular top.

WIW: July 4, 2011

Another fashion piece to discuss: Shorts. Shorts and I don't often see eye to eye. I'm fairly positive I own just three pairs - this being one of them. They just never seem to fit me right, they often ride up and they seem to only come in SUPER SHORT variations. Bootie shorts were desired when I was 13 (much to my mother's chagrin), not so much the closer I get to 30. This pair, however, feels like they are tailored to fit my body. They're just the right length and I love the color. Navy is my summer black. :)

WIW: July 4, 2011


WIW: July 4, 2011


WIW: July 4, 2011

I also love any outfit that matches these wedge sandals. I found them at a thrift store probably two years ago and have worn them as much as possible every summer since. They're only now beginning to show a little bit of wear. They are seriously the most comfortable sandals I have ever slipped my piggies into. Oh my goodness. Plus, I like that they buckle at my ankle - it helps give them a slimmer appearance. Lucky for me (and maybe you!), Chadwicks still makes a similar style sandal! Oh, that snake skin pair is at the top of my must have list right now!

Did you have a good weekend?

3 comments:

  1. Oh man, I always liked gingham but never realized how PERFECT it could be for the 4th! Need some in my closet for next year now for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. buckles at the ankles for CERTAIN.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love love the pattern, reminds me of the 50's!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover