October 6, 2010

Shirt Around My Neck

I wore a shirt around my neck today.

100_3630
Dress: Converse One Star, Target, $7.48 (clearance)
Scarf: DIY by me, Walmart, $3 (clearance)
Shoes: Apostrophe, Thrifted, $4.99
Glasses: SEE Eyewear

I made this fringy scarf using an old shirt and this tutorial from PS I Made This. I love a good, easy DIY. This takes absolutely no thought to do. An old shirt, good scissors, cutting and you're done.

100_3622


I've held on to the shirt I made the scarf out of for a while. I bought it at Walmart off a clearance rack thinking it would look perfect with leggings because it was long and loose. It ended up looking like a sack on... which I, of course, found out at home since I didn't bother to try it on at the store. Oops. I liked the design of the stripes, so I held on to it, determined to recreate it into something else. The minute I found this tutorial I knew it would be perfect for this shirt. I think I was right - what do you think?

P.S. Yep, that's my messy kitchen. I didn't get home until late today because I picked my little brother up at school. It was too dark to take a picture outside so I improvised. Hope you don't mind! :)

4 comments:

  1. You're so creative! Love that skirt and love your glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute idea! I will have to remember this! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great idea & a cute scarf ! If I tried that I'd end up with a shredded mess :o

    http://karmafashion.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover