August 16, 2011

Pinned Up (12/30)

I meant to post these photos yesterday but we were in a hurry to head downtown to watch a Tiger's (baseball) game. I think this is my most favorite 30x30 look yet in this go around! It is simple but fun, classy yet slightly edgy... and comfortable!

Summer 2011 30x30 Remix: Pin Love (13/30)
Black Tee: Forever21, Thrifted, Old
Skirt: Chaus, Thrifted, $2.99
Sandals: Mossimo Pilar, Target, FREE ($29.99 but FREE after my gift card)
Necklace: Francesca's Collection, $4.98 (clearance)
Pin (on skirt): Gift from my little brother
Glasses: SEE Eyewear

I cannot get enough of this necklace. I honestly don't think I have ever worn another necklace as much as I have worn this one this summer. It's only been photographed one other time on the blog but I promise it has been more of a trusty friend than that. The colors of it seem to match no matter what I pair it with... love that.

Summer 2011 30x30 Remix: Pin Love (13/30)

So I decided to pin up this skirt after trying it on the night before and not really loving the way it fit. There is quite a bit of fabric to this skirt although it is very thin, silky fabric so it can tend to look a little droopy... Pinning it in front took away the droopy factor and added in a little flair, at least I think. My ladies at work loved it - which is always nice to hear. :)

Summer 2011 30x30 Remix: Pin Love (13/30)

As an added bonus, the pin is actually a gift my little brother gave me years and years ago for Christmas. He had bought it and a matching pink pin as a set for me at the little Christmas shop his school puts together for the kids. Jewelry from a ten year old little boy? Enough to melt your heart. :)

2 comments:

  1. Ooh! I love the way your pinned your skirt. It's so creative and flattering. Keep up the good work. You'll finish the 30 for 30 soon. If it makes you feel any better I've been on outfit 29 for about a month now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the skirt and the broach!!!! I ended the 30 X30 at 19 my second time around...as long as you had fun and now feel a little more creative you have gotten the point! Love that necklace too!!!

    Shana
    ColorBlind
    Thrifters Anonymous Monday Link Up

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover