August 23, 2011

Menswear My Way (15/30)

So I've been waiting to wear this hot pink scarf every since I picked it up from the thrift store a few weeks ago. Sometimes I like to let my purchases sit and mingle for a while before I decide how I want to wear them. Do you do that too? Anyway, I finally decided that this would pair perfect with my pink gingham shirt and away we went...

Summer 2011 30x30: Pink Menswear (15/30)
Gingham Top: IZOD, Thrifted, $4.99
Pants: Express Design Studio, Thrifted, OLD
Belt: No tag, Thrifted, $1
Pink Scarf: No tag, Thrifted, $2.80
Sandals: Mossimo Pilar, Target, $29.99 (but FREE for me with gift card!)
Glasses: SEE Eyewear


I love the menswear trend but find that it often doesn't mix well with me. Don't get me wrong, I think it looks great on everyone else but I never feel like "me" when I try to replicate a similar look that has inspired me. That's when I realized I was going it all wrong - I needed to add in some color. I'm good with black and white and I'm not too shabby with color but neutrals (which I feel a lot of menswear looks are composed of) have never been my thing. So, I added in a jolt of hot pink and I was ready to go!

Summer 2011 30x30: Pink Menswear (15/30)

Do you ever have a hard time getting rid of a certain item of clothing even though it doesn't fit very well? I am so in love with these pants but they're about two sizes big for me... I guess I don't really think about it when I wear them as they just feel flowy and comfortable. The truth became painfully obvious in these photos. I guess they just don't photograph well? I'm making excuses here but I'm really just not ready to give them up. I shall make them work!

Summer 2011 30x30: Pink Menswear (15/30)

I decided that I'm embracing messy hair from here on out. I'm determined to grow my hair out - still on the fence about continuing to grow my bangs out - and I feel like I need to give myself a pep talk about that "inbetween" stage and thereafter. I don't do messy hair well but I'm trying to go with the flow.

And just for fun...

Summer 2011 30x30: Pink Menswear (15/30)

Can you tell I didn't take my own photos? That guy of mine is always making me giggle!

5 comments:

  1. I have a really, really hard time getting rid of clothes—whether it's because they no longer fit right, never fit right but I refused to see it when I bought it or if it's something I bought but never wore. Since I just moved I'm going to try hard to get rid of a bunch of stuff before I organize my closet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this. I have never been able to pull off the menswear trend but you make it work!

    stufffast.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your cute scarf with that button down! So fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This Lovely Hot Pink Scarf Rocks Big Time and You Look Gorgeous in this awesome outfit!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is such a cute look! I like the contrast of the white belt with the black pants!
    And, yup, I sometimes hoard away my purchases before finding a really special way to debut them!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover