September 13, 2010

Lesson In Frugality: Sequin Tanks

Have you bought a sequin top yet? I've been resisting because I wasn't sure I was on board with this look. Sequins bring me back to the days of dance recitals. I wasn't sure how they would translate to clothing - especially every day pieces.

Recently, I found this gorgeous, yet simple grey sequin tank on Piperlime.com. It sold me on the sequin look. It was a little bit funky but not over the top - the perfect mix of a piece to work into my wardrobe. The price, however, wasn't working for me. $76 on sale? Not for this girl.

It took a little bit of time, but I found a decent frugal lookalike. I know that Kmart isn't the first place many of us would look for fashion choices, but you should really reconsider that! The Kmart design team is really shaking things up over there & breathing fresh air into Kmart's designs! Anyway, the lookalike? I think it's pretty close. The cut on the bottom is a bit different - but I actually like it more that way.

What do you think? Do you like the high or the low version more? Have you purchased a sequin piece for fall? If so, how do you plan on working it into your wardrobe?

Looking to add a little sparkle to your wardrobe? A sequin tank is a great, inexpensive way to do that! Looks great on its own for a night out or layered under a cardigan for a day date - the possibilities are endless! Give these options a try - they are all under $50 each!

6 comments:

  1. I'm loving your blog and just became a new follower. I am a total fashionista wannabe and try to do it on a budget!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Sarah! You are so sweet! I don't think you're a fashionista wannabe - I think you ARE a fashionista! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i loooove sequins. i got a silver sequin top from a garage sale last year for three bucks and i'm so happy with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sequins at a garage sale? That sounds fantastic! My kind of garage sale! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i just love a great buy! sequins are one of my favorite things :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover