October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

I swear I planned on photographing my Halloween costume for you today... but then I came home from work and took a four hour nap. Yep. Four hours. True story. I blame it on the junk I feasted on today at work - strawberry pretzel "salad" (if you've ever had this, you know salad really isn't a good word for it, ha ha), chips & salsa, and lemon meringue cheesecake. That last one? Literally the best thing on earth.

That being said... I didn't really think you would all be interested in seeing my bed head hair and rumpled outfit. Imagine me in a red skirt, orange turtleneck, orange kneesocks and red mary janes. Yes, I dressed as Velma from Scooby Doo. I'm constantly told I could be her (maybe it's the glasses?) so I decided to run with it this year. Plus, it was easy! I dyed my thrifted turtleneck and Target socks to match and already had the skirt and shoes.

Halloween PastI didn't want to leave you without a little Halloween fun though... here are some costumes from my past!

I wish I had a full body photo of my hippie costume - I wore a pair of my mom's old bellbottoms for that costume and continued to wear them after Halloween. I was a cool 8th grader, what can I say?

And my Dorothy costume? My grandma made it for me. I don't know if it is awesome or strange - but I wore the costume again two years ago. Yes, it still fit, though it was a bit tighter in some areas. I begged to be Dorothy due to the fact that I really just wanted some glittery red heels - which my mom made for me. I loved this costume, but I also love the movie.

The Rachel Zoe costume was put together quickly and was more or less an excuse to buy the maxi dress I wanted and wear a big 'ol blonde wig for the night. I had short hair at the time so it was really fun to have some longer locks for a while, even if it was in the form of a cheap Halloween wig.

What has been your favorite Halloween costume of all time?

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a cute outfit....over eating is a part of Halloween, right? hahaha

    A Funky Little Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did the same the yesterday, minus the costume plus the nap. LOL.

    really like the dorothy past look.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover