October 24, 2011

Substitute Your Look: Animal Print in Red

Fashion Frugality Substitutions (#1)

OK, so I have to say that I am normally not a huge fan of the color red, but this dress had me hooked the second I saw it. Perhaps it is the style? Perhaps it is the animal print? Whatever it is, I LOVE IT.

But.

$95? Not exactly fashion frugality there. It's not terrible, no, but not cheap either. I am not ready to commit for that price. How about you?

But this pattern! Oh, this pattern. It must be available to the rest of masses, right? Those of us who consider ourselves a little extra frugal?

Why, yes! Yes, it is! And it comes in the form of a scarf! I think that is a great trade off, as I'm not sure this is a print I would want to wear for next three years or more. I think a great way of adding in "trendy" pieces is to do so in the form of an accessory - which is what we have here.

What do you think? Fair substitution? Which would you rather wear?

7 comments:

  1. I do love the dress, but if leopard print goes 'out of style', a scarf might be easier to wear! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im loving red too....I just need to get more of it, lol...I love the scarf....if I could get away with the cheaper scarf, Id be all about it:) I think there are far more ways to get your moneys worth with the scarf:)

    Enter my Shabby Apple Fab Frock Giveaway!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool scarf! A great way to wear some red in that print for pretty cheap :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. loving anything leopard and anything red at the moment :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dont have many clothing items with an animal print, but I have a scarf with animal print on it whicht I love :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your thriftiness!

    Lindsey Turner
    http://thriftandshout.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Katie! This is Kellie from Second Star...trying a new blog experiment with Wordpress :) Hope you're well! I love that red scarf. I usually am not a huge fan of red either but that print is adorable. Great find!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover