January 9, 2012

A Return to Black and White

Hi, guys! Long time no blog, right? Just slightly. :)

After being gone for so long, it was a little scary to jump back into this head on... It was kind of like the first day of school after the end of a long summer. What will I wear? Because isn't that always the first thing you think of at the beginning of the school year? I know I'm not the only one. Inspired by tomorrow's Everybody, Everywear and my already long standing love for black and white, I decided to keep it relatively simple with a week worth of black and white looks. Black and white mixes are always my fallback look. They're easy to put together, easy to wear, easy to accessorize and always look good. How can you not like that? French women come to mind when I think of black and white. Somehow French women could wear the same white tee and black jeans everyday and look absolutely effortless. I think there is, at least, a small part of every woman who craves to have that french effortless look down pat.

That being said, here are a few photo snippets of what I wore today. Granted, it's a bit more black and cream than white, but you get the idea. While I was away from the blog, I gained a new camera, a Nikon, so I'm still mastering the art of using it... I haven't had time to pair it with my tripod and new remote, so no full body photos for at least today. Maybe tomorrow as well. And maybe the rest of the week... I've been keeping up a pretty awesome gym routine after work that I'm not willing to end. I often forget how good I feel after working out (and doing so consistently) - I'm not letting myself forget this time. :)


Black and White: Take One (01/09/12)
Blazer: Saks Fifth Avenue A.S.A.P., Thrifted, $3.00
Dress: Apt 9, Hand Me Over *, FREE!
Socks: Nine West, Big Lots, $5 (for pack of 3 pairs)
Boots: Franco Fortini, eBay, OLD
Earrings: Phul Effect, Won in giveaway!
Necklace: Phul Effect, Won in giveaway!
Glasses: SEE Eyewear


Black and White: Take One (01/09/12)

Black and White: Take One (01/09/12)

Black and White: Take One (01/09/12)

Black and White: Take One (01/09/12)

Black and White: Take One (01/09/12)

Black and White: Take One (01/09/12)
My favorite way to wear my hair right now.

* Wondering what a Hand Me Over is? It's my new name for pieces of clothing that people have given me that were not in the form of a gift. For example, one of my favorite coworkers gave this dress (and more) to me because her daughter didn't wear it anymore. Would I like it? Well, yes, of course I would! There is always room in my humble abode for stray black and white pieces. :)

8 comments:

  1. Love those earrings and great glasses. Pretty black and white.
    Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely dress and it's fabulous paired with the jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY YOU'RE BACKKKKK!!!

    Of course - you're gorgeous as usual and the new pics look spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  4. is good to see you again - and of course, love the look (plus the hair, i can't wait until mine gets long enough to flip like that again). you're such an inspiration, seriously - i keep trying to work up the guts to mix patterns, but ... not quite yet. when i do, i'll start with black & white(ish)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what i see here!

    http://paquetevistasbien.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! It's good to see you back! Black and white is my favorite, actually no, just black is my favorite :) Love your jewelry!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet look! And with all the detail shots...we can piece it together. I'm liking your hair, which has nothing to do with the B&W!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back Katie!!!Lovin the black and white pattern mix:)
    Very cool, a new camera!

    Inspiration for You, Your Home, & Everywhere in Between!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover