January 10, 2012

EBEW: Black and White

A cool and easy black and white mix today. Quick separates, quick photos, long day. Sometimes that is just how it rolls, right? I'm sure you understand.

I convinced my boyfriend to snap a few quick photos of my outfit today... nevermind our super dim glow lighting. Ah, apartment life. :)


EBEW: Black and White (01/10/12)
Dress: Leslie Fay, Thrifted, $1.80
Blouse: Old Navy, $7 (clearance)
Booties: Sofft, Thrifted, $6.20
Bracelets: Forever21, Old
Glasses: SEE Eyewear


This is probably the first and the last time I will wear this dress. I never tried it on when I bought it as I was at one of those thrift stores that doesn't have dressing rooms. Yeah, one of those. Anyway, I clearly misjudged it because it's rather large on my frame. The bottom is ok but I was swimming in the top without this blouse over it. It's too bad because I do love me a good vintage Leslie Fay dress. :)

EBEW: Black and White (01/10/12)

EBEW: Black and White (01/10/12)

EBEW: Black and White (01/10/12)


As I mentioned yesterday, I'm dressing in black and white all week. I was inspired by today's Everybody, Everywear but it's also, hands down, my favorite color combination. It is so easy and always looks good!

Hopefully you'll stay tuned to see how I rock out with my black and white out the rest of the week... or, um, something like that. :-)

Black + White | Everybody, Everywear

13 comments:

  1. Too bad the top is so big, but I do love it with the blouse layered over it! My favorite thrift store has the smallest dressing rooms EVER. Not even worth it unless you want to smash your elbows and head against the walls the entire time, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that blouse is so pretty on you - I can't believe it's from Old Navy!

    Great chic secretary look!

    xo,

    ML
    Twenty York Street
    www.twentyyork.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww too bad about the dress being too big! It is gorgeous though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back to the world of blogging more regularly! No worries about taking the time off, we all need that time and space away. Then, hopefully, we come back a better blogger in the end. - Katy

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a cute look, but like you, I've had Leslie Faye's I loved, but swam in! I never try anything on when I thrift.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you layered the shirt on top of your dress. What a great way to stretch a shirt's use!

    I hate thrift stores without dressing rooms -- you really need to plan your shopping outfit well. Better luck next time :).

    to look for: Style

    ReplyDelete
  7. At least your boyfriend lets you turn on the top light, mine has a deep aversion to it, so it's literally a little man cave in here, haha! Anyway, a suggestion for the dress...don't know how hard this would be, but I envision a really cute little strapless dress made with the skirt! Do you see it? With the buttons down the front and a belt?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the print on that dress! Maybe you can finagle a sewing friend into taking it in for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's so sad, I totally thought, "What a cute skirt!" before I saw that it was a dress. Maybe you could figure out how to make it into a skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love our B&W outfit! The pattern mixing is great too! I'm visiting from EBEW and would love for you to join my ABC's of Style challenge at http://fashionsgreatesthits.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the layering! What a great outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover