January 17, 2012

Frugal Additions - January 2012

About one week ago, my best friend and I decided to make some time for a little shopping therapy. Granted, some may find delight in shopping the beautiful rack at Nordstrom but we like to get our kicks in at our favorite thrift store, Value World. We swear by this place as the mecca of all metro Detroit thrift stores. I seem to always be able to find at least one goodie each time I stop by AND their prices are the best, by far. I can't tell you how many times I have walked out of there paying just $0.80 for a shirt or $0.40 for a skirt - and that's not even on the days I walk in with a 50% off coupon!

Anyway, let's get down to the good stuff, shall we? MY FINDS! I always love to read Kara's posts (at Unusual Form) about her new thrift finds so I thought I would share mine this week too! Here's a few sneak peek type photos of the pieces I ended up buying. Don't worry, they'll be making their full debut on the blog in due time. :)




Fresh thrift finds! New York & Co houndstooth button up - $1.80

Fresh thrift finds! New York & Co tunic length blue button up - $1.40

Fresh thrift finds!Land's End burgandy ribbed cardigan - $1.60
Natori II burgandy/gold palazzo pants - $1.30

Fresh thrift finds! J. Peterman Co tan button up jacket - $1.80

Fresh thrift finds! Styleworks blazer with floral cuff - $5.40

Fresh thrift finds! Franco Sarto suede boots - $4.20

Fresh thrift finds! Sofft black leather ankle boots - $6.20


All of this equals out to a grand total of $23.70. I don't think that is too shabby for a little shopping therapy with one's best friend... do you?

Speaking of money and shopping, I'll be back later this week to discuss my shopping, changes for the new year and more. Stay tuned!

25 comments:

  1. That was the best trip I've had in awhile! So glad we went and cleaned out Value World!

    PS - Why do we always find Franco Sarto shoes at that store?? It's amazing, but who is giving up these shoes? They must be crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Alicia - I was just thinking about that! Whoever it is, I thank them for their temporary (??) moments of insanity in giving up these Francos... I seem to always benefit from it. Thank goodness we wear the same size! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Amazing thrift store. Clearly I need to move to Detroit just for the thrifting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i need this store in my life immediately.

    xoxo
    harley.

    harleyandjane.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finds......Ive seen a sign for one of those stores, just cant remember where exactly......cant wait to see what you have in store for the New Year!

    A lifestyle blog for you, your home & everywhere in between!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish we had a Value World! That houndstooth button up and NY & Co tunic were steals! Can't wait to see how you style them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Finds! I think I am heading out to Value World tonight myself! Have you seen any coupons lately?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your frugal additions, especially the gray blazer with the flower cuff. Since I know at least one person enjoys my thrift finds, I'll post them more regularly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooh, i see you found some palazzo pants!!! and for such a STEAL - lucky you :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such good finds!!!! Dang, I need to go shopping with you ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. great deals! thrifting is like therapy isn't it!

    Lindsey Turner
    http://thriftandshout.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, amazing finds and it looks like everything is in great condition! I really like the palazzo pants. I wish I had somewhere like Value World to shop!

    ReplyDelete
  13. great picks and very pricey! I'd love to be your friend, you have such a great eye!

    Lyosha
    Inside and Outside Blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. love all the clothes, can't believe you got them all for such a low price! :)
    Come check out my blog and follow back if you like it <3 http://www.blushjewellery.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is fantastic that you got so much for so little! That's why I adore thrift shopping. It's so satisfying. I love that little blazer with the floral printed lining. How sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  16. ahhh the sweet success of thrift scores! Can't wait to see you style these up and add your personal flair. The J. Peterman tan jacket looks really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  17. what great boot finds! i had pretty much given up on thrifting boots and then i found a perfect pair of white leather ones last month. oh, thrifting, i heart you.

    dash dot dotty

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooooo talk about some great finds! I'm loving that houndstooth blouse - that would be sooo much fun to style! I'd love to have that material as a skirt :) oooo la la!

    Thanks for dropping by my blog <3
    Tasia
    http://rufflesandsequins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those are some great finds! I especially love the button downs and that blazer with the floral cuffs. Way to thrift!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! Amazing finds! I need a little thrifting action here soon....

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous pieces! Especially the first one! I love it!

    XoXo
    Plami

    http://www.fashionthrill.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. So pretty!! Suede boots are always a must! Perfect color!

    ox from NYC!
    -davie+erica

    http://www.lpfashionphilosophy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I LOOOOOOVE Value World as well! It is definitely my favorite!

    You found some great items.

    You should check out my Value World Haul vids on YT: http://youtu.be/2c0ge1-RZBM

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover