June 13, 2011

Miss Mix A Lot

One of the events that kept me so busy last week was my little brother (my youngest sibling) graduating from the 8th grade. Collective AWWW, please! I can hardly believe that the little baby I used to babysit is now a year older than I was when he was born! It may seem to strange to a lot of people that my little brother is significantly younger than I am but it it something I don't even think twice about now.

Here is what I wore to work and to his graduation ceremony...

WIW: 06/09/11
Top: GAP, Thrifted, $3.80
Dress (as skirt): Merona, Target, $9.99 (clearance)
Heels: Linea Paolo, Thrifted, $4.60
Necklace: Part of vintage jewelry grab bag, Vera Grace, $5
Glasses: SEE Eyewear
TOTAL = 23.39

You may remember these two pieces... both are from prior 30 for 30 remixes. I thought that this dress may have been banished to the depths of a winter wardrobe only but I think I brought it into the spring season pretty well with this outfit. What do you think?

And just for kicks, here's a fun photo of my "little" brother and I after he graduated. Yeah, not so little anymore. Remember, I was wearing heels here, folks.

100_6600


Speaking of the 30 for 30 remix, guess who will be participating again? Yep, that would be me. Yes, I'm a little behind already but I'm coming around. I finished photographing all my pieces today so I will hopefully be sharing those with you tomorrow! I'm really excited about this edition because I really love every single piece in my collection!

6 comments:

  1. you're adorable. "collective awwww please." makes me smile. know what else makes me smile? your FABULOUS skirt. the proportions and entire look of this ensemble are copy-worthy. love it all. truly.
    -brittney
    http://adayinlifetoo.blogspot.com (fellow 30x30 remixer; come on by my blog if you'd like! i love visitors! especially ones with cute skirts and style...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, this outfit is really cute and I like how you styled it. This skirt is really fun and perfect for a graduation. Nice

    xoDale
    www.savvyspice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! so glad to see this dress again - you layered it well with the top. and that necklace is AMAZING. you really do find the best stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! You guys are adorable.

    stufffast.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. loving the vintage look! Have fun on the 30x30... again. :) xo

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover