June 22, 2011

Black and Yellow, Black and Yellow (1/30)

Last week I got the chance to hang out with Suze of Miss Vinyl Ahoy and Nicole and Mary of The Sale Rack at the Canton Public Library to talk about shopping, deals and discounts as part of the library's Frugal Living presentation series. It also happened to be the first day I broke out my 30 for 30 pieces.

30x30 Summer 2011: Day 1 (06/16/11)
Yellow Henley: Old Navy, Thrifted, $2.99
Black Dress: Merona, Thrifted, Old
Sandals: Mossimo "Pilar", Target, $29.99 (but free, bought with gift card)
Washer Necklace: Handmade gift from my BFF
Long Chain Necklace: Estate Sale, $0.50
Black Beaded Bracelets: Gift from boyfriend
Evil Eye Bead Bracelet: Gift from friend at work
Glasses: SEE Eyewear

Now, please forgive my wrinkles. This dress likes to wrinkle anyway but after eight hours at work and two hours in the car during crazy bad traffic, I was looking a little rough. I like to think of wrinkles as little love ripples of worn clothing. I'm kidding. I'm just saying that to cover up how much I hate ironing. :)

Also, I don't know if you can tell from the photo, but I painted my nails. If you know me well, you know this is unheard of. I'm not the biggest fan of painted nails (on myself) because A) it never stays looking as nice as I would like it to for as long as I want it to and B) I'm terrible at painting my left hand. Anyway, I painted my nails a shimmery yellow-gold to match my outfit and was delighted with the result. I also painted my toes a neon orange shade that I picked up for $2.99...

30x30 Summer 2011: Day One (06/16/11)

And just for fun, some voguing for your viewing pleasure...

30x30 Summer 2011: Day One (06/16/11)

30x30 Summer 2011: Day One (06/16/11)


All photos taken by Miss Vinyl Ahoy!

5 comments:

  1. i always managed to screw up my nails about 10 minutes after i painted them - fingers or toes.

    how cool that y'all gave a talk! were you nervous? did you write notes on index cards?

    ReplyDelete
  2. that dress is so cute, love the colors!!

    <3 steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bright yellow. It's very fun and cheerful. Sounds like a cool event you participated in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! I have the same sandals, and I love them. So comfortaable!


    Stufffast.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, so cute!!! I love your new shoes, I may sneak into your home and steal them. You won't mind, right? ;)

    Today LP and I were glancing through your blog. She was so enthralled with your page. It was so cute! Thought you should know that you have a new fan :)

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover