August 29, 2011

Zesty (16/30)

It's Monday. I'm sure you got that memo. Sometimes all I can muster on a Monday is a lack luster look. It happens. You don't want to get your clothes together the night before so you end up throwing something on the next morning, right? You can't get to sleep until late and then sleep in a few extra minutes, right? One of these days I am going to wake up early and take my time getting ready on a Monday... maybe next week... :)

Summer 2011 30x30: Zesty (16/30)
Pants: Express Design Studio, Thrifted, OLD
Top: Old Navy, Thrifted, $2.99
Scarf: Given to me by friend
Belt: Target, Bought on clearance, OLD
Cuff Bracelet: Won in giveaway
Sandals: Liz Claiborne FLEX, Thrifted, $2.60
Glasses: SEE Eyewear


I'm having one of those days: Hair isn't cooperating (thanks to the overdue cut I am in dire need of), clothes don't feel right, I was freezing at one part of the day and then overheated the next (little worried I am getting sick), work was long and super busy, not enough hours in the day, etc.

On the bright side: Everyone liked my outfit at work today (which is funny because I didn't - I kind of like when that happens though), I got to do some shopping at Old Navy today after work because I had an Old Navy cash coupon ($20 off $40) and then I stopped at my boyfriend's favorite chinese restaurant on my way home to pick us up some dinner. This is rare as I rarely eat chinese food but he worked 7am-7pm today so I figured he needed a little something special after a long day. He loved it. The woman who runs the restaurant is the cutest lady ever. She always calls me beautiful and today was no exception. Kind of just what I needed on a Monday evening. :)

How was your Monday, guys?

8 comments:

  1. LOVEEEE this outfit and your description describes it perfectly. I hope it put the pep in your step that you needed today!

    My fave is the orange belt.. DIE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I had seen you in person, you would have definitely brightened up my Monday.

    I did a weird thing. I spent some time Sunday making up outfits for the entire week. I'm a little worried about how prepared I am, but it sure makes bleary Monday mornings easier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this look! It definitely brightened my day! Hope you are feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely look, darling!
    The skinny belt is perfection!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm having kind of a blahhh week so far, too. But: I also love when everyone else compliments me on an outfit that I didn't originally feel that much enthusiasm for. i'll join the chorus of compliments by saying that I love the color combination and the scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh i love that yellow shirt and orange scarf together. summer bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this bright top against the black pants, and the scarf is the perfect accessory. Super cute, even if your day was blah. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww sad you had a "Monday" Monday. But I also think this outfit is great, and zesty is the perfect adjective. :)

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover