February 13, 2012

Black Banana

Perhaps the title of this post isn't the most appetizing but it is the first thing I thought of when starting this post. Black and yellow apparently equal gross bananas in my mind - not bees... but from every squishy banana comes banana bread so I think there is a rainbow in there somewhere.


Sunny Tshirt: WIW 02/04/12
Top: GAP, $7 (on clearance)
Black Jeans: Lee, Goodwill of Canton, $4.99
Scarf: Won in giveaway
Boots: G by Guess, Marshall's, FREE (after gift card - but $22 on clearance)
Earrings: Claire's, very old!
Glasses: SEE Eyewear

I bought this super soft tee on a whim while shopping at the GAP right before Christmas. It was marked down and an additional 40% off. I couldn't resist it with that vibrant color and fantastic price. I'm not usually much of a t-shirt girl... you may have noticed that I wear them next to never. They're just not something that I've ever worn often and it is mainly due to the fact that I don't think they're very flattering on me. I end up feeling frumpy when I wear one and frumpy is not something I really think any of us strive for, right?

I did the unthinkable and bought this without even trying it on. I'm used to doing that at thrift stores (where they often don't have dressing rooms) but I normally don't do that at actual stores. It is usually a matter of not knowing my size at a normal store. Vintage clothing? I can eye it. A used skirt in a thrift store? I can estimate. But brand new clothing at a store within a mall? I usually fail every time. I'll walk into the dressing room with what I think my size is and it's either too big or too small. Taking something home that I never wear AND not trying it on? Dangerous territory!

Sunny Tshirt: WIW 02/04/12


Lucky for me, it worked out. This is fitted yet loose - soft and light yet warm. Now the only thing I regret is not snatching up more than just one color! Darn.

Sunny Tshirt: WIW 02/04/12

My boots? Yeah, they have tiny skulls on them. I'm obviously not the edgiest girl on the planet but I couldn't resist these. Hey, there's a little edge is everyone, right?

P.S. Yes, it is still winter here despite the lack of snow. It was actually freezing while we took these pictures. Don't worry, Mom, I wore my coat...

Sunny Tshirt: WIW 02/04/12
Coat: George, Walmart, $7 (clearance - years ago)

9 comments:

  1. This is such a Great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. It gives in depth information. Thanks for this valuable information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a Great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. It gives in depth information. Thanks for this valuable information.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a Great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. It gives in depth information. Thanks for this valuable information.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a Great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. It gives in depth information. Thanks for this valuable information.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a Great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. It gives in depth information. Thanks for this valuable information.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great collection! Like the yellow Top & grey Long Coat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your boots are driving me wild with envy. You look bright and sunny today! :)
    http://one-girl-vs-world.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the top! It looks so comfy and stylish :) And, the boots. OMG THE BOOTS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad the t-shirt was a good fit for you. I know that when I thrift t-shirts, I always look for a large size than I usually wear to counteract shrinkage in the wash. I think black and yellow is a challenging color combination, but lately I've been toying with a black and pale yellow I want to try. The coat adds a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover