August 25, 2014

Summer Favorites

Summer Favorites

I feel a little silly telling you that these are a few of my favorite pieces of clothing this summer. I mean... jeans and essentially what can be called a jacket? For summer? Erm. I know. Doesn't seem quite right to me either but this summer has been very mild here in Michigan (or perhaps my body is still thawing out from the ridiculous winter we had) so things I would normally cringe just thinking about wearing in our normally hot and humid temps have gotten a pass this year. As much as I would like to say that has annoyed me, it really hasn't. This girl will take the chance to layer any day of the week. :)

Summer Favorites
Jacket: Lady Bayard (vintage), Estate sale find, $1.00 [similar idea but different print/colors]
Jeans: Pilcro & The Letterpress (ANTHRO BRAND!), Salvation Army, $7 [exact pair but full price]
Tee: Cheapie old-as-dirt Kohl's buy
Sandals: Guess via T.J. Maxx clearance, $10 [similar w/ studs]
Earrings: Blossoming Trio, made by 4 All Humanity via c/o 9th & Elm
Bracelet: Fitbit Flex (keeping it real!)
Glasses: Zenni Optical

When 9th & Elm contacted me earlier this summer and asked if I would like to try out their site and pick a few items out, I was all ears. HAR HAR. But really, I was looking to add some statement earrings to my wardrobe seeing as how I seem to have quite an array of necklaces and bangles but just a few pairs of earrings. Summer always feels like a good time for earrings, right? Minimal skin contact and easy. Earrings feel like less work than a necklace or a bracelet does. At least to me.

I was eager to give the new-to-me 9th & Elm a try as I am a huge fan of any shopping site that promotes the work of handmade and independent designers. When I'm not spending money at thrift stores or estate sales, I like to spend it on items that are handmade or one-of-a-kind. I love supporting small businesses by purchasing their well made, unique items! I like that 9th & Elm puts together a daily email that shows me all of their sales and hot items - it's a nice curated look at handmade items at great prices.

Summer Favorites

The earrings I am wearing here are the Blossoming Trio earrings from 4 All Humanity. I loved the shape, size and color of them but I also really liked that 4 All Humanity employs artisans in impoverished areas that use fair trade and homemade products to create their items. Fashionable and friendly? That's a great combination. I was pleasantly surprised when I received these earrings to find out that they are super lightweight! When I ordered, I was actually worried they might be a bit hefty on my ears and I am not a fan of sagging lobes due to a pair of earrings. These give all the look of a beautiful statement earring without all the weight they so often seem to have.

Unfortunately, these are no longer available on the 9th & Elm website, but, no worries, there are lots of beautiful earrings you can choose from! Here are a few of my favorites that are all under $27:

9th & Elm Earring Favorites
(1.) Silver and Green Glass Earrings by The Glass Bird, (2.) Cream Chevron Earrings by Megan's Beaded Designs, (3.) Faceted Turquoise Studs by Pink Avenger, (4.) Aqua Tassel Earrings by 4 All Humanity

Stay tuned for more looks that include jewelry that I picked up from 9th & Elm!

{Linking up with What I Wore!}

2 comments:

  1. We've had a mild summer here in Alabama, too- just too dry, but I can't complain when the air is so nice! I hate humidity. I'm thinking about layers these days, too!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover