March 13, 2012

EBEW: Gingham and Green

Everybody, Everywear always reinvigorates my passion for sharing my outfit. I love seeing the different ways everyone takes an idea and runs with it.

It was decided that this month would be devoted to green. Well, naturally. Green is perfect for March - it makes me think of fresh grass coming up through the snow, cold and muck of winter. And it, of course, runs perfectly with St. Patrick's Day!


EBEW: Gingham & Green (03/13/12)
Top: Shirley of Atlanta, FREE, Inherited from my boyfriend's grandma's closet
Skirt: Waterville, FREE, Inherited from my own grandma's closet
Boots: Sofft, Thrifted @ Value World, $6.20
Belt: Forever21, $2.50
Necklace: Bought at an estate sale, $1
Glasses: SEE Eyewear
TOTAL (not including glasses) = 9.70


I love the idea of combining pieces I've been given from my boyfriend's grandma's closet and my own grandma's closet. We all know I am a thrift lover but there is also quite a sweet spot in my heart for pieces that belonged to those I love. Even if they're not always something I would have picked for myself, I always keep everything I am given and make it work in one way or another.


EBEW: Gingham & Green (03/13/12)
Ignore that shoebox. Oops!


I paired these two together because I like the idea of a loose blouse with a more fit skirt. I don't know if it transitioned into photos as well as I would have liked but that is ok. It probably looked fresher this morning without my wrinkles and bumps. Real girls have wrinkles at the end of the day though, right? :)


EBEW: Gingham & Green (03/13/12)


I've actually wanted a green gingham shirt for as long as I can remember... which dates back to seeing the most amazing Anthropologie green gingham shirt on their website a while back. I still dream of owning that shirt one day but, in the meantime, this one will do just fine.


EBEW: Gingham & Green (03/13/12)



EBEW: Gingham & Green (03/13/12)


I added in some green eyeshadow (ok, you can't see it here but I pinky swear I was wearing it) and a crazy thick gold necklace and called it a day. I'm keeping it pretty simple these days.

Now head on over to Everybody, Everywear and check out how everyone else wore their green today!


Green | Everybody, Everywear

17 comments:

  1. Love the green gingham and love that you paired it with black. That keeps it from being too precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. green gingham is where it's at, especially with a massive gold collar, as if you tripped over a leprechaun and stole from his pot 'o gold...

    I actually have that anthropologie gingham shirt, and while it's a great colour it's a very loose floppy fit! So yay for nice tailored gingham!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the color combination of green and grey. The fact that it is inherited only makes it better. I have a pair of Soft brand booties and I love mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great shade of green on the gingham top....:0

    June 1989 Bracelet Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This outfit looks like it's straight out of a j.crew catalog - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh honey. I'm jealous of your gingham. :) Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love, love, love your detail shots. :) Gingham is great and I love the way you styled it with a fitted skirt. I guess you could say that "loose with fitted" is one of my style "rules," if I have any. You're rocking it!
    one-girl-vs-world.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. the fit of this skirt is gorgeous on you! i love the green gingham, too. and the belt is the perfect added touch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really cute glasses!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! That green top is perfect for the black skirt and belt. Lovely!

    Cheers,
    Cathy@Fashionable Dress and Discount Uniforms

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look great and I liked that green checked shirt with black skirt. That's a nice color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Always love me some gingham!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. love this outfit, pencil skirt with the belt is so good.
    Glasses wearers are the coolest, like your frames, Lady.

    www.readydressedgo.blogspot.com

    -Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  14. nice photos..i love your glasses <3
    i follow you..please visit me..thanks :)

    xoxo
    http://thelittlecrowncolandia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a great outfit! I like especially your blouse! Suits you!!

    Best Jasmin

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover